Author Topic: THANKYOU  (Read 5598 times)

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
THANKYOU
« on: December 17, 2003, 23:31:05 »
Special thanks to ....Doris,Robin,Busy Lizzie,Suze,Eileen and Pat,who responded with such nice words of support and their best wishes.

We have been offered a glimmer of hope,though it is early days.My husband's boss has said he does not want to lose his experience and expertise,and is going to try and find him another position in the company.It does have other branches as well.From thinking that he was not appreciated,it has at least made him realise that he WAS well thought of,so we are keeping our hopes up that something positive will come out of it.

I cannot begin to say how much it cheered me up to know that others who had been in a similar position had come out of it all the better,and it was touching to read that you were thinking of us.

I will keep you posted.I may not have met you but you feel like friends.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:12 by -1 »
Margaret

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re: THANKYOU
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 23:57:47 »
Fingers and everything else crossed for you Margaret :) :)...Pat
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
Happy gardening all...........Pat

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 00:20:50 »
We ARE  all your friends Margaret and as such we are all hoping to hear of some good news on the job front soon.

Isn't it a pity though that it took your husband's resignation before he knew how much his boss appreciated his efforts over the years. At least it opened his eyes to the fact of just how valuable your husband is to the Company. Hey maybe he'll get  a good wage rise out of it!!!

Fingers x'd - I'd x my toes as well but can only do it on one foot at the moment - not quite the same - so I'll x my eyes instead. Oh I've gone all light-headed!  Cheers Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 00:29:49 »
...... You're welcome .............
Happy gardening, Robin x

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 10:55:50 »
Hope it all goes well for you Margaret ;D Do let us know how you get on.
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 20:29:51 »
Glad to hear things seem brighter Margaret.  It is nice to know he has been appreciated, and  good he made that stand and didn't suffer in silence.  Hope New Year is even brighter and things get sorted to his satisfaction.  LOL busy_lizzie  :)
live your days not count your years

oZzY

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 05:10:11 »
Yo Margeret

I too have been constanty under attack both from work and my wife,,, but NO WAY am I going back,,,,, what for? more of the same?  yes bills are going to be a bit of a bummer this/nezt year.. but hey itz only bread and lifes too short... my own advice is for you to give yoour hubby the biggest hugest hug ever and let him know that he has dne the right thing not only for him but you also.... tepting
as it may be,, dont let him return to the very thing that he has escaped from... hope tis maes sense marge.. guess wot I am trying to say iz.... fork the bills.... give him a hug and tryto get him doing sum work on the side :)     Marge I have totally lost track now so  will just hit post... laods of love

oZzY

xxxxx

oZzY

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2003, 07:18:40 »
Yo Marget=ret

just sussed out what I was trying to say.. and basically itz this.... or summut not too dissimilar... or maybe someting dead far out I dunno????  

My leccy company is called swalec and do they give a stuff about me?????..... also get me gas from the leccy board? but mahn... they can wait and wait and wait.... sorry Marge but I think what it iz  I am trying to
say iz..... your husband...... bricks and mortar can be replaced... go on Marge give him a big hug and one from me too, and I'll wager you 20 carrotts that every one here wants to give your hubby a hug too.... which means Marge that no one is hugging you..... blinking ficklelot in here aint they?. still I will give you one big huge and dead nice like hug

oh marge and sum kissies xxx andwhilst I am here,,, would yoube intersted in having a nw Kitchen fitted? I can d a dead good deal like and make out you wil be saving loads of squidleys..... besst of everything to you Margeret...

sometimes life is like a boat
and sometimes the rudder get damaged
sending the boat on a seemingly
pointless journey.... the boat may drift and lose its objectivebut if the rudder is not only fixed but made strongerthen the course is that much clearer.......

def dun me head in here      

oZzY

xxx

Margaret

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2003, 12:42:32 »
Oh,Ozzy you have such a way with words.I know exactly what you are saying,despite the ridiculous time of night.Do you ever go to bed,or is it that you can't sleep?

Been there,done that.

.Like you ,hubby's health comes first,but I think just the mere fact they are trying to find him something else means a lot to him,and I don't think he wants to leave,as such,just get rid of the huge pressure on him all the time.Had he been a bit younger,he could easily change careers,or work "on the side"!! as you put it,but after years of being on the shop floor he now has arthritis in his wrists and thumbs and cannot even do DIY jobs round the house any more without support bandages on.But he does have his pride,and is still looking hard at all the jobs in the papers,in case they get funny.It comes down to trust,and actions will speak louder than words.They have not treated him that well in the past,but just maybe now they might appreciate his hard work.He still wants to feel needed and that is why he will stay if he can.

It is a bit like I was saying before to you.I was a battered wife,but when I left him the first time he promised faithfully he would change and that he still loved and wanted me.I truly wanted to believe him cos we all just want to be loved so I stupidly went back.

To cut a long story short i did get out but it was VERY hard.There is always a better life round the corner,and I hope and pray you find something to make your New Year better.You sound like a very troubled person,and you too are in need of a big hug so from me to you,

A BIG BIG hug and I hope you cheer up and enjoy christmas.And hey,it's the big party and the panto tonight.We are all relying on you.You put me in charge of the drinks,so yours will be the first and the best.You deserve it.

Love  and hugs again xx
Margaret

oZzY

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2003, 12:55:07 »
Yo Margeret

Thanks lovely,  feel much better already ,, oh andby the way, here in cardiff we calls everyone "lovely" and we always go "down by year " (here)... so with that I will say see you at the party...... I have rentd out
a firemans uniform and  a paramedics one too.... just show
me a pole andI cant resist....

:):):):):):):):):):)

oZzY %)

Margaret

• Hectare
Good News!!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 13:12:32 »
          GOOD NEWS AT LAST!! :) :)
After some very worrying days,an offer of another position has been made to my husband and when he leaves his current post next month he will be covering a much wider area,filling in where the need arises instead of being based in one place.This will give him variety but without the heavy burden of responsibilty ,which is what brought on the stress in the first place.
It means we can enjoy christmas at last.Already i can see the difference in him,he doesn't look so tired out and defeated all the time.

Thanks again to those of you who passed on your kind thoughts and best wishes.It meant a lot. :)

Happy christmas all.
Margaret

ava_banana

• Acre
  • EmmaJane's handyman
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2003, 13:21:24 »
Congratulations Margaret to you and your husband..........

it is wonderful to receive such good news........and the timing makes an excellent present.......

Good Luck for 2004.........!!!!! ;D ;D
....we are all visitors to this earth........enjoy your stay.....:)

oZzY

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2003, 13:39:18 »
(wordy stay stilly) Yo Marget

Fab news lovely, really am so pleased for you both..

oZ

xxxxxxx(/wordy dont movey)

Margaret

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2003, 13:40:24 »
Thanks,Ava.

Yes,no christmas present could top the news of today!!In any case I prefer to give than receive,because the few presents I do buy now are for very special people who mean the world to me.

There is no better christmas than having those you love and who love you,around.I just wish my dad was still on this earth.
Margaret

Margaret

• Hectare
.Re: THANKYOU
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2003, 13:43:39 »
Thanks to you also,Ozzy.I do hope something good  turns up for you too in the new year.You deserve a change of fortune

have a lovely peaceful christmas.
Margaret

eileen

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2003, 14:32:19 »
:D Hi Margaret,

Just in time for Christmas  8)  I bet that was a huge relief and your husband must be feeling so much better now. The stress just seems to fall away doesn't it when everything starts to resolve itself.

I'm so glad that you and Carol have found a mutual interest, isn't it nice to have someone to 'chat' to about something that you both enjoy so much.

Well Margaret it's a busy day here, being Christmas eve, but I just wanted to add my tuppence worth.  :P

Have a truely wonderful Christmas and a very peaceful and rewarding New Year.  ;D

Your friend Eileen. :)

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2003, 14:43:03 »
Lovely to hear your news Margaret.  I bet you feel as though a big black cloud has lifted.  Now you will both be able to enjoy a very Happy Christmas and be able to look forward to the New Year.  All the very best! :) busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Margaret

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2003, 15:22:26 »
Thanks,Eileen and Lizzie.Yes it is a big relief.The last few days have been awful because the boss seemed to be avoiding him so we thought the worst.I ended up going to the doctors this morning with an infection,I think the worry brought it on.But antibiotics and good news will cure all!!

Happy christmas :) :)
Margaret

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2003, 15:56:58 »
What wonderful news Margaret! I am sooooooooo pleased for you and yours, you can REALLY enjoy Christmas now.shame about the antibiotics, but as you know in the scheme of the last few weeks thats a minor problem!  
I know what you mean about your Dad, went and put flowers on mines grave this morning, still shed a tear or so after 10 years! But I he left us with such fantastic memories of fun Christmas pasts, and I feel he is always with us at this time ;D
Have a VERY Happy and healthy(!) Christmas! Dottie P
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Suze_O

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2003, 16:01:00 »
I am so pleased for you.  Some good news on Christmas Eve - now you can relax and enjoy yourselves.

Shame about the antibiotics - spose that means no alcohol for you young lady  :o

bws

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal