Author Topic: Anyone in Chelmsford  (Read 2539 times)

dicky

• Half Acre
Anyone in Chelmsford
« on: July 25, 2005, 19:56:24 »
Hi

i have just been offered an allotment in Chelmsfords, essex, the site is at the bottom of the Avenues.

Does anyone on here have one on that site, what can you tell me about it?

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Anyone in Chelmsford
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 13:05:18 »
Where is 'the Avenues' Dicky??  Even me being an 'imported' Essex girl, I have no idea!!  ;D

only small

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 13:47:12 »
Hi, I know where the Avenues is but am not aware of growing conditions etc. Mine is the other side of Chelmsford in Highfields Road, and if mine is anything to go by then it should be fine.  ;) slightly clay but otherwise ok.
Everytime I've walked past the Avenues it always seems to look lovely, so it can't be too bad!

dicky

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 19:21:56 »
Hi

i've been down there tonight, think I looked at the right plot, meeting the council lady there on friday.

Soil seems ok, loads of water, not to much trouble with vandals from speaking to the people there.

If it is the one I think it is then its not to much work to get it sorted either

The avenues are a set of 7 roads off the main broomfierld road, down by river

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 23:06:01 »
Aha.  Number one son used to go to school at Tanglewood up by the Melborne sports stadium and I used to drive home via the Broomfield road.....see....things click into place...... ??? ;D ;D

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 22:52:16 »
Dicky

I looked at allotment on Avenues, but decided to have one on Highfields/Melbourne area. The site seemed fine to me, no association there however. On Melbourne allotment association and shop, you can still join Melbourne Park Allotment association as associate member.

Only Small are you a member of Melbourne Park allotment association and are you going to the BBQ ?

only small

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 13:18:03 »
Not a member of the association yet, am hoping to be though, eventually! Problem I have is the time that it is open, It is impossible at the moment(due to small childs routine) to get there between specified times! Shame as I would love to have a look in the shop, sure there are many things that I need! ::)
Therefore, cannot go to the BBQ as not a member :'(

Only Small

dicky

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 21:28:38 »
Hi

Rumour has there is an allotment association, certainly there is a big shed in the middle.

Just started digging it over, seems like good soil, still got some moisture after a few days of dry so can't be bad.

Going to do a 3 bed system. Keep meaning to take some photos but keep forgetting the camera. will get round to it soon

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal