Author Topic: Continuing cup situation.....  (Read 3836 times)

undercarriage plan

Continuing cup situation.....
« on: July 09, 2005, 16:12:08 »
Well, the saga continues!! Just back from show, and promised Icy resulyts!!! Really chuffed.....Onion 1st, other onion (?) 3rd, Rose 1st, rose 2nd, Marigold 1st, lettuce 1st, pots 2nd, cucumber 2nd , though have to say, there were only 2 cucumbers   :P !!!!   But I still don't know if I have big, shiney cup!! Add scores tonight and find out tomorrow... I'll be a gibbering wreck by then!!!  Lottie  :o  :o  :o

Piglottie

• Half Acre
Re: Continuing cup situation.....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 17:47:31 »
Go Lottie, Go Lottie  ;D   Well done and massive congrats to you!!!  And after all that worrying - all those firsts surely must make up for the toms!!!  :)

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 18:26:36 »
Well I hope you are going to sign autographs and continue to speak to us lowly gardeners.

Well done!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 20:21:14 »
Thanks!! Big goofy smile tonight!!!! Lottie  ;D

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 08:38:43 »
BIG BIG BIG BIG SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY SHINY CUP!!!?   :D ;D

With a reuslt ilke that surely you must be getting something...even if only a Chesire cat grin.    Shame about the tomato's.......   ;)

Will wait with fingers crossed to hear the final outcome.
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

Marley Farley

• Acre
  • May all your plants grow well!!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 11:13:42 »
;D Ooooooh, well done lottie ;D ;D ;D We shall want a pic of you & that big shiny cup you know.  ;D ;D  I'm sure ti has your name on it.  ;D ;D All those nerves for nothing,  ::)  Why do we get ourselves in a state when it comes to showing & it's such fun.  ??? ;D  I think we all suffer nerves unless you are one of those really cool, calm collected people, for whom nothing seems to phase them. Gonna shout now as you have done so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WELL DONE  LOTTIE!! ;D ;D
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself".

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 17:07:43 »
 :'(  :'(  :'( No big shiney cup....... £9.50 instead!!   ;D  ;D  ;D Seeds for next year, when I will return and get my big, shiney cup!!! Thanks, all of you!! Could post pic with now withered marigold?? Not quite the same!   Lottie  ;D ;D

Derekthefox

• read only
  • Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 19:34:54 »
And what about the not so withered onions?

Shame about the cup, but £9.50 is a lot more useful.

Perhaps a photo of the £9.50 instead . . .

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 20:25:56 »
.....and before the photo you could have fun making shiny shiny £1 coins and a big big shiny shiny 50p.........   ;)

Iain
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 20:33:15 »
Now why didn't I think of that!!!!  :P!! Sold onions, Derek!! You should know me by now....!!!  Lottie  ;D ;)

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 07:50:24 »
 :( Ho hum lottie, yours for sure next year  :)  Now you know the competition & got over the nerves, there will be no stopping you.  :) You can put your whole £9.50 into some stunning seeds for next year & if you get your tunnel going who knows what you could be growing.  ;D Well done for entering, it's the spirit that counts.  ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 13:25:26 »
Thanks, Marley!! The two old boys that win every year, are taking me under their wing and showing me the tricks of the trade, so I'm really lucky.  Didn't know there was a book about it!! All quite complicated, but worth it for that big, shiney cup!!  Lottie   ;D

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 13:51:12 »
 ;D ;D ;D Go for it, that's probably the best 1st hand advice you could get...... !!!! ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 18:41:09 »
They're really sweet, apparently they're fed up with winning all the time (?) and want a bit of competition!! They'll have their work cut out for them!!! I'm easily distracted......  Lottie  ;D ;D ;)

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 21:47:58 »
Thought one sugar daddy would be enough for anyone.....get in there and show 'em girl.  They must think your going to be competition to bother so you're already nearly there!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2005, 22:24:03 »
Awww Bless you Icy!! They've won so often not allowed to win cup anymore!! Just the prize money. Speaking of which, had to use all mine for kids school trip!!  :'(  C'est la vie!!
 No shiney cup and money gone...!! Lottie   ;D ;)

Marley Farley

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 08:43:38 »
;D They must be able to your potential...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 13:17:43 »
WOW  results to be proud of!!!! 8) At least you could have given us pics of produce with your lovely little tickets showing results or did you get rosettes? ;D Big congratulations . I have suddenly turned bright green ::)

Charlotte Sometimes

• Half Acre
  • Charlie
    • Charlie's Homepage
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 13:36:44 »
Lottie, that's excellent news.  Well done!  I hope you are going to post the photos.  :D
Interests: Vegetables, Annuals & Songwriting.  Click here to listen to Charlie's songs.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 15:11:31 »
Thanks you.  OK will post pic of onions (one's left!!) and certificates when get a chance!!!  On way to take garden club kids to lottie, God help my broad beans!!!!  Give it a go, it's really good fun and you may even win big, shiney cup.........! Lottie  ;D  ;D  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal