Author Topic: .......A Good Day.......  (Read 4112 times)

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
.......A Good Day.......
« on: January 07, 2004, 00:29:20 »
...... The sun was shining so I put on my wellies to have a wander, a couple or more hours later I returned from the garden, having done a little weeding, alittle tidying and even some digging (just for the fun of it!). At one point the sun was on my back and was warm.

Spring is around the corner and "what a wonderful world............."

.......And I 've done all my ironing
                   ............just thought I'd share............
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »
Happy gardening, Robin x

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
Re: .......A Good Day.......
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 00:47:48 »
Great!  Sounds like you had a really good day, in spite of the ironing penance!  Lucky you! ;D
Muddy Boots

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 01:31:39 »
Fab day RR!  ;D  Mine, oh what glamour! Took the kids to school (in the car I'm afraid, but it is a 40 mile round trip!  :-[), got home, did the housework, went back and got youngest (in car again I am ashamed to say), home, lunch, play with youngest, walked - yes walked to daughters school and collected her, walked home to get straight in car to take her swimming (again, 40 mile round trip!).  Home, cook dinner for clan, bath sprogs, collapse in heap on sofa before doing a 40 minute Rosemary Connoly workout!  Inspiring I know - I can hear you all begging to trade lives with me, if only for a day! Tomorrow, not so bad as car is at the docs for the day, so am planning to potter in the front garden.  

ciaozzy

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 02:18:19 »
Yo peeps

I have had a good day too and found something new to do... hopefully I will be gardening at the local hospice aswell as befriending and helping carers/ relatives.... and it gets better
..... turned down job offer which wife arranged for homeless charity... not a chance mahn been there done it.. and can be a viscious environment at times.. have just sent off application and been sorting out cv.. also will be seeeing peep about gardening in the community
for poorly peeps and old peeps..
I loves to garden and am looking forward to it... gona be skint but happy.. also seing about degree course through the OU, but am a bit late.. am still waiting to hear...  mind you I did do a bit of the ol hoovering
and I did the stairs.. gona clean the windows tommorow.. got
2 cloths and a bottle of windolene to celebrate...

Oz

xx

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 09:09:10 »
I went to work in the dark and got soaked on my bicycle, worked, went home in the dark and got soaked again. Naw, I didn't really get soaked, I had rain clothes on but I hate hoods so only my head got soaked.
How's this for interesting posting huh? -Ina

jethro

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 10:13:05 »
Well went to work, have a driver due to broken arm (I look like half a scarecrow, right arm sticking out at 45 degrees) sitting about doing paperwork  >: going stir crazy as I can't get out on the sites to 'visit the lads'.
Went home sat about the house going stir crazy AGAIN,
but apart from that enjoyed it  ???

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 10:26:13 »
Aw Jethro, that's a bunch of bad luck for you. At least it's winter now and not much to do in the garden, I hope your arm will be healed when planting time is here. All the best. -Ina

jethro

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 10:49:09 »
Thanks DD, i've already started off my Kelsae onions and some flowers so i'm still keeping busy in the lottie.

The other day I was walking down the lottie path trying to balance a tray of seedlings on the other arm when suddenly i slipped, i went up in the air backwards, the tray went the other way, landed flat on my backside  ;D .
I still laugh at the thought of this but at the time it was quite painfull  :-/ .

I got the arm from being mugged by three 'little darlings'
they tried to get my wallet and me being game for a laugh (stupid at the time) had a go at them, well they hit me with an iron bar (hence the arm) but I still had a go, then one of them put a knife to my throat, well that was the time to be a coward. Then they hit me on the head then decided to kick seven bells out of me, so i've got a 'few' bruises ( got every coloured snooker ball but pink) . So at the moment the company I work for have given me a driver as they don'y want me to stay off work, (sods that they are) and so all i'm doing is paperwork.
You should see me trying to type with one hand (it's hard enough with two) every time I turn around people duck as the arm is sticking out at a funny angle and i've just missed some of them.
But what the hell, life goes on, so i'm just waiting for the cast to come off so i can rewally enjoy myself  ;D
(if you know what i mean) .

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 11:09:53 »
OMG Jethro now that was one hell of a day.It makes everybody elses day pale into insignificance.I presume that you don't want many of them in a week.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 11:40:54 »
oh no jethro, i'd send you a virtual hug but it'd probably hurt too much!

my day wasn't good yesterday but i have some work to do this morning (meeting with my first client tomorrow) and then if it hasn't rained i am off down the allotment. so today should be good
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:01 by -1 »

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 11:45:18 »
Well my day seems to pale into insignificance after what poor old Jethro is going through.  :(

Started the day in the dark giving my daughter a lift to work.  After taking the dogs out in the morning the sun came out so took the opportunity of  going out in the garden.  Organised a whole bed that needed sorting out.  Have some azaleas in pots so put them all in this one bed (should look good in the spring when they all bloom, hopefully, at the same time) mixed in with spring bulbs and wallflowers and pansies, hope for a good show.  After scraping all the mud from my hands (cant work in gloves they get in the way) prepared lunch for hub and myself, then got on my bike for half an hour to try to get rid of some of the calories gained over Xmas :o
EJ, I also have various keep fit videos, including Rosemary Connoly - also go to a dance aerobics class on a Monday evening (not bad for an old girl eh?? ::)  Visited my friend in the afternoon who is battling with cancer, came home got evening meal, had a look in on A4A and then crashed out in front of the telly.
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Ragged Robin

• Acre
  • Slugs and snails .....be afraid.... be very afraid
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2004, 14:36:13 »
Jethro what a hellish thing to go through,
hope your arm gets better quickly, is it your drinking arm?
Sunny again today so have been in the garden, built a compost bin and done some weeding.
might go back after lunch...........
Happy gardening, Robin x

ciaozzy

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2004, 15:08:17 »
Yo Jethro

Bad craic mahn.... bet you a pound to a bag of gold that it was for drugs.... crazy world mate... if what they need was on nhs... then these things wouldnt happen so often..... when I got a hiding.. I got straight back out there mate... wasn't easy.. but you have to show them that they cant keep a good gardener down....  hope they catch the S.O.B's... but there are plenty more to take their place.....

all the best to you Jethro

Oz

jethro

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2004, 15:18:41 »
You are all to kind,  :D :) ;)  if it was for drugs they were in my other pocket, they only had to ask  ;) ;D .

All hugs will not be refused even if they do hurt  ;D  so if there are any offers please call  ;) .

It is my drinking arm but i've still got 3 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so that'll not stop me enjoying it, the only trouble is when drunk i usually fall over  ;D so i'll have to take some cushions  to soften the blow  ;D .

Anyway once again thanks, but there are people worse off than me, so really you lovely lot should be thinking of them.

Cheers

Peter

xxx

ava_banana

• Acre
  • EmmaJane's handyman
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2004, 15:46:44 »
Jethro.......sorry to hear that you have had such a crummy time.. :(.....(insert manly handshake here.......no hugs I am afraid... ::) ::).)

......it really does annoy me that we can't feel safe on our own streets  >:( >:(

All the best on your recovery........

ms

......got a new motorbike at the weekend......hurrah....

......had to drive to work on Monday in the car......booo....

......rode in on Tuesday.......fantastic.........hurrah....

......had to get the train in on Wednesday......double-booo....

oh well......nearly the weekend again....

ms
....we are all visitors to this earth........enjoy your stay.....:)

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2004, 16:14:35 »
Ah, so it's Peter. Hi. As it says under your picture 'a day older but not wiser'. Don't you know when you're outnumbered? Not wise at all but very, very understandable. Just glad they didn't have a gun.

I just pick on the little ones that are alone and shop lift. Just last week while I was shopping I caught one. I went to stand next to him and just wispered the most horrible and unpedagogical (is that english?) things to this, about 12 year old, kid and made him put the stuff back out of his pockets, which he did fast. I told him he was soooo lucky it was me who caught him and not the police because I was going to let him go but only if he ran out the store as fast as he could. Through the windows I saw him still running on the parking lot.

You see, I really am a coward and I didn't want a scene. I have seen it happen before when a kid was caught and threw a fit when a man tried to get him to the manager. Our hero was accosted by a bunch of adults from the same ethnical background (sorry, but that's what happened) so the kid got away knowing he is protected. At least mine got a bit of a scare I think.

I wish you a speedy recovery, all the best. -Ina

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 16:56:28 »
Hi Jethro-really sorry to hear your news. This sort of thing annoys me-especially as there is no justice;a friend of mine beat the cr*p out of two would be muggers last year and ended up before the beak for assault >:(-he got let off but that`s not the point.

As for my day I have just spent two hours barrowing muck across a large field to the garden-to say I ache would be an understatement.

Stephan.

jethro

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2004, 17:02:07 »
Oh Bu**er now you lot now my proper name  :-/ ah well such is life  ;D now as i've said thanks for the sympathy if you don't stop i'll burst into tears and then my image goes with it (what image).

New bike Ava, great i bet you can't wait till the weather gets better, (lucky s*d) mines rusting away in the garage  >:( . Manly handshakes i accept but i prefer hugs  ;D .

Doubledutch, sorry mate i can't count (hopeless at school) so if anyone has a go i've got to oblige them  :-/ just my make up i suppose (daft geordie comes to mind).

Well thats it i'm knackered typing this with my nose  :-/

Talk to you all soon.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2004, 18:07:32 »
Aww Jethro! What a bummer  :( Mind you could come in handy, for instance, whist drinking,;lodge yourself sideways on the bad arm, then no falling over!
I had a brill day today, get on  the lottie at 11am, and just came back at 3.30. (quick trip to the local watering hole for lunch too!) Built thingys to hold my soil back, so the new area is beginning to come together! YIPPEE! Will try and remember to take photos for you lot next time :D Now time to warm up in the tub!  ;D DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

SueT

• Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 23:21:01 »
Sorry to read what happened to you Jethro, but by god I salute your sense of  humour!  ;D
Sue

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal