Author Topic: cat grass  (Read 2056 times)

waggi

• Hectare
    • wagalicious
cat grass
« on: July 03, 2005, 22:05:37 »
hey all
anyone grown cat grass
is it like cat knip ???

nepeta

• Not So New ...
  • I love cats
Re: cat grass
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 16:31:50 »
Hi,
Although I have never grown it cat grass is not the same as cat nip. I know you can buy little kits to grow your own cat grass, cats like to chew on a bit of grass sometimes, I think it is supposed to help with digestion.
My cats just chew bits of grass in the garden when they feel the need. Nothing special about that grass!
Cat nip on the otherhand, stimulates them in some way, almost like a drug. Some cats go mad for it others aren't bothered at all.
Nepeta
Cats rule !

Yuet_Lee

• Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 21:22:04 »
Hi Waggi,
I have been growing cat grass for my cats. They're not cat nip ( I thought it was cat nip too)Untill they grew. It look like normal grass not much different >:(
yuet

Diesel

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 09:45:33 »
I think it is aimed at people who have indoor only cats.

If you are looking for something to grow like cat nip, look out for cat mint.

loz

• Half Acre
  • See my stuff on www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk
    • Arthur's Place Cattery
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2005, 12:18:45 »
I think I've got some cat mint seeds if you want some.  One of my mogs goes into a frenzy when he smells it and demolishes the plant :o

Loz
Horses, ragdolls, bracco italiano, Polands,Silkies, and a garden - when do I have time to eat? - www.arthursplacecattery.co.uk

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 00:53:58 »
I have two cats who are mostly house cats......they grew up in a flat and never have got the hang of going outside ???

Now they can go outside , and have been able to do that for nearly 8 years, but still come back in for a wee in their tray (its dirty outside!!)

Got some cat grass seed and dutifully grew it for them, one loves it, the other one couldnt care less!

It does not have the cat nip effect, but if Bud likes it thats fine by me!!

Maddy

• Half Acre
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 18:29:57 »
My cat loves her cat grass but not until it had been trimmed, now she can't wait to get outside in the morning.  I planted it to keep her away from my other plants, she has previously shown a fondness for roses, and it seems to have worked, she likes to brush past the leaves in the garden but she doesn't bother them at all.  I'm now designing a cat bed for her made out of cat grass so that she can lie in it and eat it at the same time.  She's not spoiled, honest  ::)

M.

beejay

• Acre
  • SW London
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 18:29:58 »
My cats eat just about any grass in the garden from the lawn to my ornamentals. Its only the tall ones that escape. They have also virtually demolished the feature of stipa tenuifolia that i recently planted. That was just pure fun however.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal