Author Topic: Bit sad....  (Read 1856 times)

undercarriage plan

Bit sad....
« on: July 02, 2005, 21:19:23 »
I know, been spouting off about getting kids to squish caterpillars.  But they weren''t available! Went to lottie today, and my gooseberry bushes have been stripped of leaves in a matter of days  :'( :'( :'(.  Fantastic crop of gooseberries though, just feel sad for plants.  Any idea what the culprit is???? Thanks Lottie

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Bit sad....
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 23:24:26 »
I bet it's goseberry sawfly caterpillars. http://www.hdra.org.uk/factsheets/pc3.htm

undercarriage plan

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 14:36:04 »
Thanks Robert, you're right. It was those little *******!! However, I must have an awful infestation, the bushes are dessimated, surprised the birds haven't picked them off? Going back, gloves in hnd to do some major squishing!!!  ;D ;D Lotttie

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 16:40:58 »
I've had my bushes eaten alive before now; the good news is that they soon recover.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 20:31:15 »
SO if I don't get all the little ****** the bush will be OK next season? There are so many, doubt if I could get half of them!! Had a marvellous crop this year, gooseberry fool for tea!!!  Lottie  ;D

Icyberjunkie

• Hectare
  • Doh..I got a slug farm,a flea beetle heaven..doh!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 19:53:20 »
....and did you note lottie the fact that you have to stick your hand down inside the bush early on.  A gooseberry bush!!!!  NO chance - I like my skin where it is..... :-\
Neil (The Young Ones) once said "You plant the seed, the seed grows, you harvest the seed....You plant the seed....."   if only it was that simple!!!

undercarriage plan

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2005, 20:14:31 »
Ha ha!! To be honest, I'm such a gooseberry junkie, and so frantic to get at them I don't even notice!! However, when squishing, which I don't like, noticed...!!! My arms have looked more attractive!! Lottie  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal