Author Topic: 2 plots, same site  (Read 2109 times)

PotMan

2 plots, same site
« on: June 24, 2005, 16:14:06 »
Has anyone got any experience of working on 2 seperate plots on the same site? I currently have a 5 rod plot that I took on last year but have now out grown. I want more land but the only vacant plots on the site are 30-40 yards away. I don't want to give up my current plot after all the hard work I've put in(!) so am thinking of taking on another as well on the same site. Wot do people think?

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: 2 plots, same site
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 17:20:19 »
I have a 1/2 plot on the same site, just for year though, it has been invaluable for me to stick in potatoes that I would otherwise not have any room for on my regular plot! I would take it, would love another whole plot to myself.
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 18:30:57 »
I have 2 plots, 1 here, and 1 just there.....there is another allotment between my 2.  Not a problem for me at all, I just have to make sure I spend today on plot number 1 and tomoz on plot number 2.

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 22:46:04 »
We've got a plot and a half with a plot in between.  Conveniently placed stepping stones on the one in between (courtesy of our lovely lotty neighbour) between the two.  The half plot has permanant stuff like fruit and some flowers and pretty veg plus the delightful 'pallet patio'.  It is here that we sojourn for tea and biccies.  The big one has proper stuff on it.
Get with the beat Baggy

sandersj89

• Hectare
  • Who me?
    • My Allotment Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 23:01:50 »
I too have 2 plots, about 80 yards apart. The split is not a problem to be honest. The extra space is a huge boon and makes for a better rotation and a chance to grow a greater variety.

Jerry
Caravan Holidays in Devon, come stay with us:

http://crablakefarm.co.uk/

I am now running a Blogg Site of my new Allotment:

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 00:20:47 »
I have just acquired a 2nd plot separated from my old one by 50 yards or so, it's not a problem. In fact the soil structure is different in each plot which is going to be very useful

PotMan

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 09:53:02 »
Thanks for the replies guys, I shall go for it!!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 10:41:32 »
Yay!  Good on ya PotMan.  You can never have to many allotments!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Derek

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 15:04:13 »
I have two half plots side by side which is very handy.

On the other hand by having a plot some distance away you will get to know far more people on the site, great for swapsies etc.

Derek
Derek... South Leicestershire

I am in my own little world, ...it's OK, ...they know me there!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal