Author Topic: I've reached that point  (Read 1119 times)

gwynleg

• Hectare
I've reached that point
« on: June 12, 2011, 10:45:36 »
...where I havent got any space left, and lots of brassicas and leeks to plant out. We will have to start eating lots of potatoes pronto!!

On a serious note - am I alright to grow on brassicas in bigger pots for possibly another month or is that asking for trouble?

aj

• Hectare
Re: I've reached that point
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 10:57:21 »
My leeks go into a corner and sit there until there is space. And the brassicas go into spaces between various crops such as onions that will be harvested over the next few weeks.

But yes, you can grow brassicas in bigger pots; and put them out later.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 11:47:08 »
Great idea putting you brassicas into pots.  I have put some out but there are plenty more.  It has been very dry so the spuds need a little longer.

Many years ago we moved house in the middle of August, we managed to arrange to go into the garden and plant some PSB at the end of July and it did very well.  But pots sound like a great solution.

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 11:55:05 »
My sprouts & PSB are in 5" pots waiting for a space. One batch of leeks already planted, but the second lot will go where the Lady C earlies are at the moment.

Brassicas do well in pots, as they have a largish root ball when they get planted out, which helps discourage club root.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal