Author Topic: Yummy!!!  (Read 2009 times)

Lazybones

• Half Acre
Yummy!!!
« on: June 17, 2005, 11:36:14 »
Had my first harvest from the lottie last night.  Off we all went to dig up 3 potato plants for dinner.  Admittedly they were rather sparse but absolutely delicious with just a bit of mint (would have preferred butter too but bloomin diet ruined that).

Delicious and rather chuffed  ;D ;D

Sprout

• Acre
Re: Yummy!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 12:33:29 »
Many congrats on your first spuds. I'm still waiting for mine to start flowering.
Was chuffed to bits yesterday to find that some of my caulis had formed florets. Yippee! :) Up to now had a lot of leaves but nothing else - was beginning to despair.
Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire

Sprout

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 12:33:41 »
Many congrats on your first spuds. I'm still waiting for mine to start flowering.
Was chuffed to bits yesterday to find that some of my caulis had formed florets. Yippee! :) Up to now had a lot of leaves but nothing else - was beginning to despair.
Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 22:50:29 »
Unbeatable isn't it, have to smile at all those poor people buying new potatoes in the supermarket, wonder if they'll ever find out what fresh ones taste like?

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 21:32:11 »
You are 100% right there Merry.  It's only when you have tasted FRESH that you know the meaning of the word. 

So far, I have eaten home grown radishes that I did not KNOW tasted so fresh!  And my lettuces are growing like hell without the help of any chemical growers.

Give me fresh anytime ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 22:29:52 »
mmm agree 100%

Just rolled in from lottie having dug up a couple of spuds - Royal kidney so you have to get them before they stop being waxy.

I will enjoy lunch tomorrow!

moonbells

ps hic! Nothing like meeting up with other lottie holders with a bottle of wine! Although the walk home afterwards always seems long!

Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal