Author Topic: East London anyone?  (Read 2436 times)

tamsin

• Not So New ...
East London anyone?
« on: June 16, 2005, 20:23:19 »
Hi there!

Just wondering if there is anyone else out there who has an allotment in East London. Mine's in Redbridge, with a very picturesque view of the A12! Oh the benefits of city living!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re: East London anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 16:57:20 »
oooh - I think I know your site. Been past it several times. I live in the borough, but don't actually have a plot (my own garden takes enough of my time!)
gone to pot :D

tamsin

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 20:12:07 »
I'm jealous, my garden is only big enough for flowers :'( I love my allotment though, even though it'd far too big for me!

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 21:07:56 »
Hertfordshire here Tamsin, not far from North London.
I do not own an allotment but a small garden.
Our local Mercury has today reported that the local allotments have been vandalised - sheds were burnt and tools broken.  they will stop at nothing these good for nothings !  Hope your site is more social !  :)
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 09:57:35 »
My garden is really only big enough for flowers too (about 6x8m) but I squash veg in where I can! I just don't have time for an allotment, as much as I'd love one!
gone to pot :D

tamsin

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 14:40:12 »
The allotments I'm on are really friendly. Last year was our first year, and we took it on too late to put in much of our own stuff, but the other allotmenteers gave us loads of their extra crops, so we ended up with tons of tomatoes, swiss chard and some leeks (very nice! ;D)

We did have our pumpkins stolen last year :'(. One of the other lottie holders said he saw them in the hands of a couple of kids, but, hell, I guess in the grand scheme of things that's pretty harmless really. There don't seem to be many problems with vandalism etc otherwise.

I do grow herds ???, sorry herbs, in the garden and I'm thinking of putting some chilli pepper plants out, though I'm not sure how well they will do there. Wish me luck! How was your garlic aquilegia? I've got some planted, but at the rate it's growing it won't be ready till December....

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 18:40:02 »
WEll I wish you masses of luck with your lotty ! ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal