Author Topic: Brass monkeys  (Read 1667 times)

Trillium

• Quarter Acre
    • Trillium's garden
Brass monkeys
« on: June 13, 2005, 13:35:50 »
My biggest frustration this year has been the temperature - we get the odd warm day or three, then a nasty spell of cold, windy, low pressure stuff and everything stops.  It's 1pm on June 13th and outside it's 11C (52F in old money).  My beans have stopped in their tentative tracks and the courgettes/pumpkins that I finally planted out at the weekend are back under cloches.  I'm in the NW, but not far inland and this as chilly a start to summer as I can remember!

Please can we have some proper summer!
My blog is www.trilliumsgarden.blogspot.com
If you're into weather, you can see my live weather station info at http://www.trilliumsgarden.co.uk/images/noname.htm

terrace max

• Hectare
Re: Brass monkeys
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 13:58:34 »
I've taken the plunge and finally put out my tender plants this morning: they couldn't stay in their pots a minute longer. The biggest problem around here has been the CONSTANT windy weather: weakening plants so much that the slugs rule...

On the up side I finally got my first spuds and onions today. A full six weeks later than last year!

(By the way, just looked at your blog. I thought only my shed looked that way. Thank you.)
I travelled to a mystical time zone
but I missed my bed
so I soon came home

Trillium

• Quarter Acre
    • Trillium's garden
Re: Brass monkeys
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 18:37:53 »
I agree about the wind this year - do plants feel the wind  chill like we do?  Mine certainly look as if they do.

Just noticed the temp has risen to a dizzying 12C.  And look, a little blue patch of sky! Best whip out the sun cream before it vanishes.

OH is watching the 20/20 cricket right now and it looks warm and sunny - if you're in Hampshire you're probably keeping very quiet and rubbing out 'move north' off your list of things to do. (you'd be wrong for other reasons, but that's a story for another thread.)
My blog is www.trilliumsgarden.blogspot.com
If you're into weather, you can see my live weather station info at http://www.trilliumsgarden.co.uk/images/noname.htm

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal