Author Topic: More Roses  (Read 1588 times)

Yellow Petals

More Roses
« on: June 10, 2005, 20:40:57 »
I'm not sure why mine are so early, Tim.  The roses in my front garden always seem to appear earlier than anywhere else.  They must like it there, which puzzles me because I can't seem to grow anything else in my front garden other than roses, nigella and giant daisies!

I was going to wait a couple of days before snapping these but they looked so beautiful this evening I wanted to get them now.  These are my favs.  Probably more so because of the trouble we had getting them in the first place.  It was a well established rose in the garden of my sister before she moved a few years back.  I think I almost dug to the centre of the earth (and for at least two hours!) to get it out of her garden, into our car and quickly nursed into the ground where we are now.  I honestly thought it would die within days considering what I had put it through, but the following year (this was about eight maybe nine years ago) it came up an absolute beauty!

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
Re: More Roses
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 00:07:32 »
deliciously delightful ;D ;D ;D
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 08:43:32 »
Names, please?? For all of them??

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 09:38:02 »
YP are your roses scented by any chance?

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 15:00:39 »
Sorry, Tim, have only just read the replies.

The white roses on the other thread are either Iceberg or Message, I don't remember which.  As for the others, I can't rightly remember.  All of our roses, cept the bright pink climber (which was bought from a nursery) were given to us by various friends and family members when we moved in about thirteen years ago.  I didn't ask for names, and they came without tags.  I just planted, maintained and watched them grow!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal