Author Topic: Very sad today  (Read 11320 times)

wardy

• Hectare
Very sad today
« on: June 06, 2005, 11:12:38 »
Very sad today as my lovely mum died  :'( :'( :'( :'(  She broke her hip three months ago and has never recovered.  She was my hero and I don't know what I'll do without her.  She had Alzheimers for 7 years and I've looked after her all that time. 

I cleared off to my allotment for the whole day yesterday so I could get away from the phone and people and be on my own to give me time to think about ma.  Today I have to sort out funeral arrangements and hymns and stuff and it's going to be very difficult.  Ah well, here goes ......   Wish me luck  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: Very sad today
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 11:16:01 »
Oh Wardy, my thoughts are with you. I can't imagine what it is like to loose your Mum, My Dad was bad enough  :'(  :'(

The garden/Lottie is a good place to be and just think, and the weeds do get a good battering with anger over losing someone so dear.

Big big hugs   DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 11:29:33 »
Wardy, I don't know what to say.  Like DP, my old dad leaped off this mortal coil nearly 5 years ago and it has been the toughest thing I could have ever imagined.

You look after yourself Wardy, don't neglect you at the busy and incredibly emotional time.  Thinking of you Wardy, thinking of you lots!

Love Emma and Mark

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 12:02:31 »
wardy - huge hugs to you
gone to pot :D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 12:08:39 »
Wardy, all my thoughts and hugs are with you.  My words will not help at this time, just treasure all your memories of your Mum, they are her gift to you.  I am sure she is missing you as much as you miss her.  Take care.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 12:15:13 »
Wardy. I can imagine what you are feeling. When we lost my husband of fifty years in 2003 so  suddenly I thought my world would end.. Thank goodness for kids, family and friends. I am sure like me you will have wonderful memories to help you through this difficult time. My thoughts are with you. Lorna.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 12:35:19 »
Our deepest sympathy is with you. When eveything is settled and you are back in charge, we suggest planting a tree as a memorial.  Take care!
Eric and Anne
Gardening is the great leveller.

Justy

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 13:16:59 »
 :'( that is so sad and my thoughts go out to you. Take comfort in your gardening and the wonder of nature and the cycle of life. 

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 13:23:23 »
I am sorry for your loss, Wardy.   You are in my thoughts.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 13:44:31 »
My ma is 84 this year and being so far away is hard at times. My father, older and younger brother have all died and I have a guilt feeling almost every day about not being closer to look after her. Wardy, you have been around and close to her when she most needed it and although it's never easy when parents, especially mothers leave us, at least people like you are people who have cared and been there when it mattered. Irreplaceable yes, forgotten, never.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 14:21:28 »
cannot add to any of the above, except to send my thoughts and sympathies too, take care.

Anne Robertson

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 14:23:22 »
Wardy, I know it's a difficult time but don't lose courage.

Memories grow more precious
      When loved ones must part,
      But remain forever growing
      In the garden of your heart.

My thoughts are with you

Yellow Petals

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 14:24:12 »
My deepest sympathies and big hugs to you Wardy, at this time.  I am very sorry for your loss.

Sam xxx

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 14:37:19 »
Dear Wardy, I am so very  sorry to hear this awful news.

Goodness knows what you are feeling right now, but having lost both of my parents i have a fair idea :(

Take it easy and take it slowly and find solace in your garden.

Love to you xxxxxx

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 17:23:21 »
Dearest Wardy, so very sorry to hear your news, my love and prayers are with you, do take care of yourself go off to the allotment as often as you need to , but don`t forget to come here also we are all here for you.
God bless love, Mary & Ron.xx

westsussexlottie

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2005, 17:28:39 »
So sorry for you. Must be awful.
Thinking of you.

bunnycat

• Half Acre
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2005, 18:47:19 »
I'm so sorry to hear that Wardy :'( Hope you're bearing up and all the arrangements are coming together.
I felt such a jolt, when I read your post.........

My husband's lovely Grandma is currently in hospital after breaking her hip (and subsequently falling while she was in there and breaking the other one as well), and she's just been diagnosed as suffering from dementia :(
She's 92, and it's all looking a bit unstable at the moment.

Thinking of you...........

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2005, 19:43:50 »
Sincere sympathy, Wardy - Alzheimers is such a cruel disease it means we are robbed of our loved ones twice over but through time the happy memories do come back. Bear up and do take time for yoself as well
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2005, 21:29:38 »
Can't say much more then what's already been said.  I lost my mum when I was 20.  Life is crap sometimes but without the crap times you never know how good the good bits really are.  Dont over do it - delagate. You need time for yourself too remember.    xx
Get with the beat Baggy

lilylover

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2005, 21:35:20 »
So sorry to hear of your loss wardy. As much as you will need friends and family now you'll find peace at the lotty, somewhere to clear your mind or remember the happy times. God bless.
Is it wrong to fancy Lucius Malfoy?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal