Author Topic: Garden Forks - wood or metal shaft?  (Read 9765 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Garden Forks - wood or metal shaft?
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 09:33:49 »
My OH is also a tall and er...powerfully built ex rugby player. He bought an extra long spade with a slightly angled shaft from B & Q which he hasn't managed to break yet. He has been looking out for a fork in the same range, but we now have only one giant megastore B&Q, and yet they seem to have reduced the range of stuff they sell?!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Gazfoz

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 20:43:29 »
Having read all the above comments I would like to add that I nearly went for the Spear and Jackson Ergo grip plastic offset shafted jobbies at 22 quid each from asda.
Then I thought about it and went for the Faithfull stainless steel with folded over bit (spade) where you put your feet and quality Ash handle which makes you think of the old timers before you even put it to use and now I don't care if it breaks because I'll just buy another one.

Gary.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 21:30:56 »
Sounds like a good choice! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 21:35:15 »
Having read all the above comments I would like to add that I nearly went for the Spear and Jackson Ergo grip plastic offset shafted jobbies at 22 quid each from asda.

I only paid £12 from Yorkshire Trading  8)
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

Gazfoz

• Acre
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 21:53:34 »
Must be good then :-\

loopyloulou

• Acre
  • oh my... thats a LOT of couch grass....
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 22:56:43 »
im a weak and pathetic girlie and have recently broken a wooden handled fork (mean couch grass!!!!) the oh broke a wilkinsons sword fork when digging (chissling away at) the back garden trying to lay lawn, never did manage to get in contact with them re the 10yr guarantee... no reciept.... was not impressed! have now gone cheap and cheerfull with a wilkos 5.49 girlie sized one, im thinking i might not bite off more than i can chew... or stomp up and down growling at rather!!! so far so good.... but i guess it depends if you keep said tools nice and warm and dry in the house (there there heres a blanket) or if you leave them in the cold and frosty dampness of the shed or garage... surely at least where woods concerned storage would have an effect?
i think i like it here :D now who can tell me how to grow my own chocolate???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal