Author Topic: Gardeners and their cats  (Read 45835 times)

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
Re: Gardeners and their cats
« Reply #340 on: July 11, 2006, 17:31:18 »
you're right katy, although I hadn't thought about it until now.  our dog is really white/grey on his nose and head but it's never happened to our cats.  although my mother in law had a cat that sort of generally faded from a rich brown to a paler duller brown but then she was 22 when she died!
I hope this isn't going to keep me awake tonight ???
no I'm too busy laying there thinking about what else I have to pack before we move next week ::)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #341 on: July 11, 2006, 20:57:45 »
Katy hadn't thought of that either! My dog is now like what she looked like in a negative when she was younger.  Anyone remember negatives?!

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #342 on: July 11, 2006, 21:10:23 »
afraid so Heldi ;D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #343 on: July 27, 2006, 11:19:47 »
Meet Big Liz, Queen of all she surveys.

<center>
<a href="http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i23/Emagggie/SP_A0119.jpg" target="_blank">
[/url]&nbsp;&nbsp;
</center>

And then there's Ellapuss.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:38:10 by Emagggie »
Smile, it confuses people.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #344 on: July 27, 2006, 15:05:01 »
Cats with character, eh Eaggie?  Lovely ladies though.  Thanks for sharing.   :)

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #345 on: July 28, 2006, 09:48:13 »
 ;D Lovely moggies Emaggie.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #346 on: July 28, 2006, 23:58:39 »
I'll second that.  Lovely puddytats.   :D :D

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #347 on: July 29, 2006, 00:02:02 »
Ahhhh thanks all. I think so too. :)
Smile, it confuses people.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #348 on: August 06, 2006, 20:38:55 »
Tiger to Merlin, Tiger to Merlin.  Is the grass in your new house as bad as it is here?   >:(

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

naaman3467

• Not So New ...
« Reply #349 on: August 07, 2006, 13:10:49 »
We have 7 cats at the moment - Wiggins, Greebo, Motley, Minnie, Melissa, Jetta and Neo. Melissa has been upstairs in a bedroom since April with a broken leg, but the metal cage has been removed now and we can start reintroducing her to the others in a couple of weeks.

We also have two corn snakes.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #350 on: August 07, 2006, 17:09:11 »
Awww naaman, big (but gentle) hugs for Melissa.  Any chance of some pics of your cats?

G x

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #351 on: August 07, 2006, 17:53:08 »
Is Tiger enjoying the ants tickling his tum? ::) ;)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #352 on: August 07, 2006, 19:49:09 »
LOL SS, who knows what goes on in that daft cat's head?  A cabbage white was dive bombing him yesterday and he still missed it!   ::)  ;D

G x

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #353 on: August 07, 2006, 20:39:29 »
Merlin to Tiger, Merlin to Tiger.  Have patches just like that but there is some that desperately needs cutting.  But I don't mind as sometimes you can find a little toad underneath :)  Mum says I mustn't hurt them as they are a gardeners friend.  I'm not that interested in them tbh as they don't leap about like frogs do :o
I have discovered that Lincolnshire has sparrows too and one flew into my mouth the other day.  No one seemed keen on me bringing it inside but I just wanted to show them.  Humans eh ::)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #354 on: August 07, 2006, 20:46:20 »
Tiger to Merlin (ditto).  Help!  Yesterday I was attacked by a butterfly and the wood pigeons and magpies have taken to sitting on the fence and laughing at me.  I've tried sitting there with my mouth open and tail lashing but to no avail.  How did you get a sparrow to fly into you mouth?  Yours hungrily.  T

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #355 on: August 07, 2006, 21:00:09 »
O goodness butterflies can be very dangerous if not tackled correctly and really they are hardly worth the trouble as there isn't much of a meal in one ::)
As for the sparrow, well it just sort of happened, that's my story anyway and I'm sticking to it :)
Wood pgeons can be easier to catch than sparrows as they can take so long to get into the air.  I have just been practicing my climbing skills on one of the apple trees but I ran inside when the man next door came along in his 4x4.  I'm off for a snooze now, meow meow

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #356 on: August 13, 2006, 21:57:24 »
Thought I would share a couple of my little darling settling into his new home.
First one shows him recovering after the move.  He thought it was great that the curtains were so short as it made it very easy to get onto the window sill even with them closed ::)
Second pic is of him watching the House Martins dipping and diving before whooshing upwards to their nest in the eaves

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #357 on: August 13, 2006, 22:02:06 »
Oh poor Merlin he looks so unhappy in his new home.  I think he needs a long holiday in Enfield! ;)  G x

Merlins Mum

• Hectare
« Reply #358 on: August 13, 2006, 22:04:05 »
Yeah yeah ;D
How's that lovely Tiger boy?

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #359 on: August 13, 2006, 22:16:28 »
Aw he looks so adorable MM!  Your new garden look VERY nice through your window. :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal