Author Topic: cats  (Read 12377 times)

Nigella

• Quarter Acre
  • Plant it, eat it!
Re: cats
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2005, 14:39:04 »
The chicken poo pellets seem to work for me as well... I put them in some beds and no more cat poo - YEAH  ;D

Tried all sorts of other smelly cat repellants - which seem to work for a few days - but them he is back again  >:(

Chicken is the way forward.... good for the garden as well  ;)

return of the mac

• Acre
  • I aint sayin she a tattie digger...
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2005, 20:36:10 »
White pepper (thats what the expensive reppellant 'dust' is made of) or coleus canina (scaredy cat plant, exclusive to t&m), have both worked very well for me.
I LOVE OP AMPS!

ptennisnet

• Quarter Acre
  • I hate thistles....and dandelions too.
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2005, 13:43:42 »
Ultrasonics worked for us until it was stolen  >:(
Thanks for the chicken poo trick - we'll try that.  We've tried the gel and also the prickly plant but they didn't work - the gel for a bit but then it washed away... The latest failure has been some plastic sticks impregnated with the same active as the gel.  They were supposed to protect a as square meter for 10 weeks but three weeks in there's a pile of poo not 30cms from the stick.

Sprout

• Acre
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2005, 12:55:35 »
I've planted some cat repellent rods (£4.95 for 4 from www.ferndale-lodge.co.uk ) on Monday evening and so far (touch wood) no poo!
Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2005, 13:21:33 »
Just a thought ;D Why is it OK for horses to do do do's in the street and why aren't their owners made responsible to clear it up after them ???

i reckon it's because horses are vegetarians and as such their poo does not pose a health risk.

pleased to report 'my' cat is ever so well behaved :)
try having a chat - worked for me ;)
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

the_snail

• Hectare
  • Be Kind to Slugs and Snails! :)
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2005, 06:36:41 »
The beat repelent for cats is OLD holl leaves or pyracantha twigs. They hate scratching or stooping down om spikes.

PS I own a cat. I am the arcutiple birdwatcher which I am that owns a cac. I am the gardener that loves slugs and snails which I do. (As of May 1si its a slug inialation in the greenhouse! Pellets I am afraid!! orry Slugs n snails  :'()
Be kind to slugs and snails!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal