Author Topic: cocoa  (Read 1640 times)

ACE

• Hectare
cocoa
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:30:27 »
I am getting a lot of grief from you know who, too many instruments littering the house, so when I walked through the door with another concertina, I got the evil eye. Right, out sight out of mind, I decided to get a new cupboard to house the smaller ones. Nothing I looked at seemed to match our existing furniture, which I would politely say was distressed. So thinking second hand would suite better I looked in the local ads. Bingo! I found an old steamer trunk, sort of bent wood and brass over a canvas cover. It could tell a few tales and was only £30 so I thought that would do.

Put it in the shed she says I'm not having that in the house. Oh well, I tried. I thought a bit of varnish and she will change her mind so I turned it over to practice on the bottom it did not look right with varnish, stains, and modern sorts of treatments. By accident I spilt coffee on it and after wiping it, I had an idea.  A coffee mix started to look sort of right, but not strong enough, so a big spoonful of cocoa powder in the mix and it was just what I was looking for.

Sealed it afterward with an old fashioned tin of wax polish and it came up a treat. Slipped it back in the house, and the Yeti in Pink Knickers was over the moon. She loved it, found a place to put it and was nearly going to fill it up with her junk.

So now I have a place that I can sneak any new acquisition into and she will not know any different. I just hope that when I'm on my way to Valhalla she does not sell them for the price I told her I paid for them. Think cocoa next time you are going to spend a small fortune at B&Q it even smells better than wood stain.

free image uploading

windows 7 print screen

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Re: cocoa
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 11:31:34 »
Gosh that's brilliant! Must keep an eye out for something similar on the rusty c**p stalls at the GDSF, would be just right for my treasures.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal