Author Topic: seeds wanted for school garden  (Read 3092 times)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
seeds wanted for school garden
« on: September 10, 2013, 13:23:35 »
Sorry I've not been around for ages. I used to be a regular poster, but am too busy to post much these days!

I've co-founded a garden club at my son's infant school and we need seeds for next year, if you have any to spare they'd be very much appreciated!

we are looking for pretty much any viable seeds, but particularly veg, salad, herbs, annual flowers and hardy perennials. Any usual varieties (particularly things like yellow courgettes, purple peas, green, yellow, orange, black tomatoes, etc) would be brilliant as we'd like to show the children something new! Also flowers in the school colours (yellow and burgundy) would be great too.

Thank you!  :happy7:
gone to pot :D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: seeds wanted for school garden
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 15:04:39 »
I'm sure I have some for you, do you want things like sweet peas? They're very popular with our groups, they can be sown in autumn and give the children something to look after over winter  :wave:

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 15:08:56 »
I'm sure I can put together a collection of tomatoes for them to grow, pm me details. One in particular springs to mind, Dancing with Smurfs which is a red cherry with dark blue/black colouring when the skin has been in the sun. Thinking about it,  if you are looking for unusual and fun tomatoes Tom Wagner has special offer for kids, http://www.tomwagnerseeds.com/index.php/special-offers/free-seeds-for-kids.html might be worth inquiring. I've just ordered some seeds for me perhaps they could pop them in with mine to save on postage? Need to be quick as they send orders really quickly, I can email and ask them to wait if it helps?
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 16:15:48 »
Replying so I can ref later!  I am sure I can bung something together...
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 17:08:50 »
Thank you all for replying! I'm quite overwhelmed by your quick responses and generosity.   :icon_cheers:

I'll PM you all later/tomorrow as I'm actually supposed to be cooking dinner right now! (reading between chopping onions!)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 17:24:42 »
 Hi :wave:,Aquilegia   Please PM me I have some seeds for you . I have lots of marigolds that I can also share I was going to put them in swop shop sometime . I shall sort the others out later this week . good luck  with it all.
regards Mary  :wave:

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 21:58:34 »
PM me your addy, I should be able to find something for you.  Children like something fast growing as well - not much patience at that age.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 10:58:56 »
Sent you a pm

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 11:38:47 »
hopefully i've PMed you all. If you've not got a PM from me, let me know!

I feel like I need to make a sign for the garden saying "sponsored by the kind folk at allotments 4 all!"

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 09:13:07 »
I've not forgotten your seeds, just a bit slow getting to them  :angel11:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 00:33:55 »
Me too.

last year I sponsored a school here to do a Cherokee Native Indian garden and supplied the seeds, there was a fair bit of history connected with them and the school took that on board and did the history as part of a lesson, I am pretty sure  I still have some seeds left if that would interest you and I may have some uniquely Canadian seeds on top of that to chuck in.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2013, 08:45:43 »
If your still collecting I can send blue , green and black toms.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal