Author Topic: Apple Leaf - brown spots  (Read 3135 times)

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
Apple Leaf - brown spots
« on: July 12, 2013, 18:50:48 »
Just bought some apple trees and one of the 3 Blenheim Orange Trees has some spots on some leaves as per pictures.
The other trees are all healthy and they were next to each other in the nursery. Just wondering whether to plant it or bin it.
Any comments welcome

Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Apple Leaf - brown spots
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 19:37:42 »
Oh..don't bin it. Although that is unsightly and can spread into fruit, unfortunately it is very common and any apple can get it at anytime in their life...some varieties are more prone to it than others. There is one very easy remedy for it that will keep it in check if it doesn't clear it...garlic spray. Give few sprays during  growing season starting from when the buds are just opening.
There is few different fungal sources that cause those brown spots..some are more of trouble than others and if you are lucky..it is just something environmental that will clear when the tree is happily growing in its new permanent position.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 19:40:14 by goodlife »

daveyboi

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 22:22:29 »
Thanks Goodlife I will plant it and keep fingers crossed I did go back to the nursery and ask about it and they thought it might be from where they sprayed them as the trees either side of that one were fine and they were touching in places..

Daveyboi

daveyboi

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 17:43:11 »
I ended up taking it back and got a refund. 
I was going to plant it at home and not with the others in the field but when I was looking for another tree to fill the space the nursery owner insisted on refunding for that one when he saw it on the trailer.

Daveyboi

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal