Author Topic: Allotments4All Upgrade  (Read 19873 times)

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: Allotments4All Upgrade
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2012, 10:17:08 »
Ok...noticed new thingy. What's this 'add to buddy list' funtion is? How does is work out/show up when used? Does others see who your 'buddies' are?
It looks to me like you can set your email and PM preferences to only accept messages from those on your buddy list, and like your ignore list I don't think anyone else can see who's on it.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2012, 10:42:31 »
Those spiders look really unpleasant

I'll catch this one later before it drives anyone gently round the bend.  ;D

Brill - thanks for the smile  ;D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2012, 20:38:24 »
Hi Dan, I don't seem able to post photos at the moment just get the message 'The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.'
Also I'm not able to view the gallery? Sorry if I'm seeming impatient I'm just not sure if it's back on line yet or not  :)
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2012, 21:06:24 »
Hi Dan, I don't seem able to post photos at the moment just get the message 'The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.'
Also I'm not able to view the gallery? Sorry if I'm seeming impatient I'm just not sure if it's back on line yet or not  :)

Try attachments now, when you say can't see the gallery, what happens when you click on a random photo?

Thanks

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2012, 21:38:40 »
Trying a picture...

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2012, 21:44:14 »
Brilliant Gallery is back in play, big thank you  :)

when you say can't see the gallery, what happens when you click on a random photo?

All fixed now but if it is of any use it was along the lines- Error you don't have permission to view.

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2012, 08:21:35 »
Bit late on this one as haven't been about much recently - combination of short holidays and long working hours (need to work on that).

Think the new layout looks great. Easy to find new posts but would suggest more differentiation between the icons for "New Posts" and "No New Posts" on each forum. The new posts icon just needs a bit of colour adding to it to set it apart, like this maybe - no big deal and just a suggestion.

Thanks for all the works that's gone into it.

Cheers!
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2012, 17:50:39 »
Dan, if you are still working on the new look A4A (which I imagine you are, thank you)  is it possible still to have "own posts" somewhere? I used to use this most days.  I know there is "show new replies to your posts" but this comes up with lots of very old posts, that there have been replies to, which is not the same. I used to like looking at what else had been said to subjects I'd previously posted to.  It's a different category, and I really liked it.  Does anyone  else agree?

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2012, 17:57:44 »

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2012, 18:15:06 »
Dan, if you are still working on the new look A4A (which I imagine you are, thank you)  is it possible still to have "own posts" somewhere? I used to use this most days.  I know there is "show new replies to your posts" but this comes up with lots of very old posts, that there have been replies to, which is not the same. I used to like looking at what else had been said to subjects I'd previously posted to.  It's a different category, and I really liked it.  Does anyone  else agree?

Hey peanuts... You can find the link you want in your Profile then click summary then Show posts..
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2012, 18:17:27 »
Peanut..did you mean with 'own post'  the 'show the posted messages' that was on 'old' profile page?
I used to use quite a bit that..

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2012, 18:44:02 »
Hmmm

Se if the attached picture gives you a clue ;)

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2012, 18:51:11 »
Dan - under the profile pic there is the link "show posts" I spoke about earlier on..
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2012, 00:47:27 »
Brilliant work Dan... thanks so much for all of your time and effort. It is looking better and better every time I visit.  :)

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2012, 23:50:23 »
Thanks Dan, yes going into Profile does give me what I want 'show posts' and the list of my own postings, thank you.  Then I click on any one of these, even if old ones, to find easily any replies that I might want to follow up. 
Before, there was 'show posts' that appeared on left hand side of home page  just below our individual photo (my choc cake!) so it was very quick to get them up, without having to go into profile each time. 
I just wonder, if there are enough of us who used it, as e.g. Goodlife did, why this can't still be an option next to our own photo and "hello Peanuts'  which now appears at the top, with "Show unread posts, and show new replies"?
But Dan, this is a tiny thing,  so don't worry if it isn't of  interest to others.  Thanks again.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2012, 10:05:49 »
I can't recall who asked for more Smilies but they certainly got their wish!!

There's so many to choose from it took me ages.
Brilliant  :sunny:

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2012, 10:38:14 »
Loving the smilies Dan. :kermit:

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2012, 21:05:07 »
Seems strange all these changes but no doubt will get used to it. :nike:

gwynleg

• Hectare
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2012, 22:20:29 »
Hi Dan - I like the look of this but it seems much slower (have tried navigating round other sites alternately with this and they are ok - same speed as normal). Is there something I should do to make it go faster?
thanks

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2012, 07:14:12 »
I know that we must all accept the change but I do find that I'm not staying on here for as long as I used to. I do find it very bright.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal