Author Topic: allotment excitement.  (Read 1199 times)

antsuxx

• Not So New ...
allotment excitement.
« on: September 18, 2011, 09:39:08 »

Is  it normal to be so excited about a piece of land? apart from the cabbage and purple broccoli/caulifor over winter, iv just ordered my 10 Raspberry canes to plant Before i jet off at the end of the month,  So looking forward  to next spring when i know , so much more will be growing on my plot, whooooeee.   :)

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: allotment excitement.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 10:11:42 »
Just wait..you excitement will just grow on.. ;D..next year you are not looking forward jetting off anymore. ;D
If you are not too long away in the 'jet-land' and you are back in time..you could still sow some winter salads and grow them under cover..in GH or under temporary plastic/glass tunnels. Do you grow garlic?..those are to be planted too..plenty to do and grow..no need to wait until next spring.. ;)

antsuxx

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 10:16:36 »

True Goodlife,iv got the garlics and onions ready for planting out before i fly, is  it too late for winter cabbage?? iv got spring cabbage ready to put in  too,
   Have  good  day, Im down the plot later,  :)

lisaparkin

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 11:24:37 »
I get excited everytime I go to the allotment ;D

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 11:59:47 »
Code: [Select]
is  it too late for winter cabbage?? It is too late for sowing them..but if somebody would have some plants..you could still crop some as 'spring cabbage'.. ::)
Winter cabbage is sown early summer..and by now they would be getting on..almost there...in winter they would not make any growth but would be ready for the use..winter varieties are hardy to take the weather.
So if you have some winter cabbage seeds..hold on to your excitement and sow them next year in late spring/early summer.. ;) ;D
I'm off to my plot now to stroke my big pumpkins.. ;D

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 21:50:12 »
I'm off to my plot now to stroke my big pumpkins.. ;D

LOL
Grow yer bugger grow!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal