Author Topic: Windows Vista Taskbar  (Read 1972 times)

pntalbot

• Half Acre
Windows Vista Taskbar
« on: April 24, 2011, 15:55:45 »
Hi  does  anybody  know  how to change  the  size  of the Taskbar / Notification Bar-- Blue  colour  at bottom of screen, it was  only about  1/4 inch  in  width, but  my  Grandson has operated  something  and its doubled  in  size approx  1/2 inch. How  do I make the width back to 1/4 inch ? ?

small

• Hectare
Re: Windows Vista Taskbar
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 18:57:48 »
Snap! Mine has done this, no idea why, tried everything I can think of - someone help us please!

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 21:05:29 »
right click start button....click propertys...click task bar  and un check task bar icon    click apply and drag task bar down to size you want

it works on windows 7

small

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 13:27:42 »
Thanks for the try, Jim, there's nothing in that properties dialogue that'll do it for me...it's just refusing to resize....PNtalbot, solved it yet?

BAK

• Wiki Editor
  • Hectare
    • BK - This and That
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 17:32:47 »
Pasted the following from Windows Help

Resize the taskbar

You can resize the taskbar to create additional space for buttons and toolbars.

Right-click an empty area on the taskbar. If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked. Unlock it by clicking Lock the Taskbar, which removes the check mark.

Point to the edge of the taskbar until the pointer changes into a double-headed arrow‍‍ , and then drag the border to make the taskbar the size you want.

pntalbot

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 22:16:48 »
SMALL,
 I`m  a  twit just  realized its not  Vista  its  XP, but its still faulty even using Vista  config  above-- is  XP  config any  different ?
Regards  PNTALBOT

small

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 22:39:33 »
Thanks BAK, but I've woggled that double-headed arrow till I'm blue in the face and it won't shift. I can move the bar to the sides, to the top, it stays 'double' depth, it doesn't actually matter but I do hate to be beaten by a machine.....

ru2010

• Not So New ...
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 19:36:03 »
I'm using Vista and am able to resize the taskbar by moving the mouse pointer to the edge of it until the double headed arrow appears. Then hold down the left button while you drag the arrow up to increase the size of the taskbar, or down to decrease it.

If, instead of having the pointer on the edge of the taskbar, I have it in the middle then the holding down the left button and dragging will move to taskbar to the side or top of the screen.

Hope this helps.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal