Author Topic: Site Supervisor  (Read 18701 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Site Supervisor
« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2011, 13:16:21 »

The chairman puffs himself up to his full 5' 5 1/2" and says 'I AM THE COMMITTEE

Ain't that the case on all allotments when some busybody decides that the allotments cannot run without them. They get co-opted into the secret seven, then take over.

What did we do before committees? I am amazed that allotments have been running all those years with just gardeners growing a few crops as a pastime and nobody 'organising' them.

I will be opening one of my paddocks as allotments one of these days when work stops getting in the way.

I shall pick my tennants. Any mention of committees, societys, glee clubs etc and I understand there are 186 ways of saying go away. I prefer  using two words, one of them is off.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2011, 17:39:02 »
Lottie= allotment u daft geez.   :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2011, 19:16:43 »
Thank you (thanks) cornykev ;D

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2011, 12:25:26 »
Would you believe it, that bloke with the scarecrow has pushed for a committee meeting to consider the issue in hand.  The association secretary has organised a special meeting to 'discuss Mr Smiths tenancy' (a subtle change -  the emphasis has moved from 'his' issue with us to 'our' issue with him) and invited him to attend.

Does he really think the committee hearing is going to be a fair one - what a fool he is?

Nodig

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2011, 13:01:21 »
tinkerty tonk

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2011, 21:37:53 »
Hi everyone,

I think that people are getting a little bored with the 'story', so we will leave it there.

As I said at the start I am not really a site supervisor, I am more the 'Mr Smith' in the story.

I hope you all continue to cultivate your allotments in peace, it isn't quite so peacefull on my site. (I have a feeling that the 'knives are out' we will see).

I will publish the true story if that happens.

I might pop up now in my true form...Nodig a mere plot holder of 10 years in Norfolk.
(the bump on the East Coast).

Nodig

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2011, 17:35:24 »
Why don't u tell us the TRUE storey so far, and why are the committee against you, have u done anything so upset them, and if not fill us in with a bit more info.   ;D ;D ;D

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2011, 18:00:38 »
OK Cornykev just for you.

The site supervisor during one of his many regular inspections of my plot, tripped up on a taut seed line, and landed bottom end down onto my dibber.

The committee have decided that I operated an unsafe site and given me 28 days notice to quit.

I have appealed against it, saying people should look where he is going on my site, but insiders have told me that no-one in living memory has ever won an appeal.

Is that enough detail Cornykev?

Nodig

ps the site supervisor walks a bit funny now.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2011, 19:57:52 »
Nodig, can you post the notice of forfeiture and the tenancy agreement.

You do owe a duty of care (even to trespassers - the committee have no right to set foot on your plot, and they can't write an enforceable rules that says they do because of your inalienable right to exclusive possession) so if there were unacceptable hazards on your plot then it might not look so good, but seed lines are hardly unacceptable as we all leave them laught (not using piano wire were you?), and there would still need to be a term of the tenancy agreement that fairly expressed the requirement to keep your plot reasonably hazzard free.  You also have the right under S.146 Law of Property 1925 to pay the committee compensation for the breach rather than forfeit your tenancy, and if you're not given the offer the forfeiture is invalid.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2011, 20:40:37 »
Thanks Unwashed

So if, for arguments sake, the committee send me a letter with the wording
'Site Supervisors and Management Committee representatives have a right of entry onto all plots as part of their duties', how do I act if they turn up and want entry to snout around my plot? 

If the whole management committee snout around my site looking for 'evidence' of misuse, are they trespassing?

My site supervisor is always snouting around my plot (looking for who knows what), but he hasn't tripped over my taut wire trap yet (I was joking about that, but I often thought about what if he did trip while snouting around?)

Nodig

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2011, 21:30:24 »
Write out a pre dated risk assessment for your plot. Then insist on site inspectors wear protective clothing like steel toe cap boots, hi viz vests, spectacles for the short sighted and padded jackets and trousers. Then it is their fault if they get shafted with a dibber ;D Ask to see their risk assessment (I bet they don't have one). They won't have a leg to stand on plus an arse to sit on. ;D

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2011, 21:54:34 »
tell them they need a UN  Resolution

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2011, 05:08:13 »
Why do they keep sniffing round your plot, are they looking for something in particular, I'm puzzled,  ??? is it only u or are there other complaintees.  :-\

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2011, 05:18:49 »
Cornykev

sorry you are puzzled.

Nodig

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2011, 05:36:45 »
Your up nice and early nodig is it raining there now.    :P

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2011, 07:32:00 »
If anyone comes onto our plot there are lots of things that they would trip over. In the summertime our plot is one big potential hazard cos the squash,gooseberrys ,tayberries and blackberries will get hold of any unauthorised person. ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2011, 07:37:56 »
tell them they need a UN  Resolution

Not a good move... once they've got one they will do what they want anyway...  :-X

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2011, 08:04:08 »
Your up nice and early nodig is it raining there now.    :P

Snowing, I have just put my skis on the roof rack. ;)

Nodig

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2011, 09:52:44 »
If they are sniffing round your plot, are you growing weed(s)?

nodig

• Half Acre
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2011, 14:50:56 »
If they are sniffing round your plot, are you growing weed(s)?

Come to mention it, I have got some unusual weeds growing where I threw out all my leftover tropical bird seeds. ::)

Nodig

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal