Author Topic: The Christmas Thread!  (Read 6710 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
The Christmas Thread!
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:46:07 »

I thought with just nine days to go, it wouldn't be such a dirty word! ;D

Thought in here we could have a chat about plans etc.  Where are you going, who are you sharing Christmas with, what have you bought people or asked for, what will you be eating.  Maybe some pictures of your Christmas trees/decorations?

Tonight my husband and I are going to the Thursford Christmas Spectacular http://www.thursford.com/christmas-spectacular.aspx  This will be our third visit (not this year!) It's such a magical show even if it will be a long old drive to get there and back! :-\ I've also arranged for it to snow whilst we're there so hopefully we'll get stuck and have to miss work tomorrow :P

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Re: The Christmas Thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 12:56:25 »
  How nice :P you are going to Thursford its such a lovely show so well done
I love looking at all the cauliflowers ::) :P ;D
 have a lovely time & enjoy it all. xxx

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 12:58:22 »
OH wow that spectacular looks fantastic. Now let me see the kids are 3 so the first time we could take them is 2015, think i'll be booking for that. I never realised Thursford did that and the Santa journey looks fantastic too. Can I fit a trip to Norfolk before Xmas ?

We are having the in laws over for Xmas day, got turkey, fresh Christmas new spuds, a few brussels (my plants didnt do well) parsnips and roast tatoes from the lottie.

Its the first year that our boys really understand Xmas so its been fun seeing them see Santa, although ive been told already that none of them are the real Santa as they havent brought them what they wanted!!!!

One of our boys has got a dragon castle, and the other boy wants Emily train and Tobys windmill to go with his Thomas tank engine wooden railway.
For DH some beer (always a fav) a new PC game he wants, and lots of other silly little bits.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 12:59:54 »

A VERY HAPPY PEACEFULL CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

LOVE ROSEBUD & FAMILY XX

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 13:03:22 »
Bah Humbug...  ;D
Just kidding....  :)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 13:20:34 »
Best wishes to all of you and thanks for being here all year ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 14:38:14 »
Best wishes to you all too ;D
I'm going to have best Christmas ever....no decorations...no visitors..telephone unblugged..just me OH and dog..nice food..'extra special' bottle of red..logfire..wooly sock..cosy settee and favourite programs in telly and disturbance..aahhh..and full tummy and nap..... ;D ;D 2 days just us..proper 'duvet days ;D ;D ;D
And best of all...no clearing away any decorations after its all done ;D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 14:59:49 »
Do you know one of my delights is rediscovering the Christmas deccies.

Mind you have not got all of them out this year as I feel enough is enough,love my tree though.

This thread made me think back to when I was a girl,none of your tasteful Homes and Gardens deccies then.Mum and Dad would put up yards of paper chains and lots of Balloons.When we were a bit older we used to snigger about the shapes they made  LOL.

Happy Days.

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 15:15:43 »
Betula - ive got 3 year old twin boys and we had such fun making paper chains, so much better than the foil decs you just pull out of the packet.  Everyone who comes in the house gets taken to the paper chains and told we made those.

I too used to make fun out of the baloon shapes. I swear mum used to buy curly willy shaped ones and ones that no matter how much you blew always looked liked boobs with nipples, just so we could make fun of them.  she always used to hang one long one with two small ones too.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 15:38:10 »
Merry Christmas!

I will be at the inlaws eating something French. No pudding. And not enough vegetables in my taste,  :'(  :'(
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 15:51:07 »
Merry Christmas to you all.

My day will be champagne breakfast at my daughters followed by my 6yr.old grandson opening his pressies then lunch, (no booze!), back home for a quick kip, then off to my friends for a good old knees up - taking my campervan so's I have somewhere to sleep.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 17:24:04 »
Our Christmas started last weekend with one lot of relatives visiting and my daughter's dance show.http://tadpole.shutterchance.com/photoblog/Zoe%27s_dance_show_/

Tomorrow night I'm singing in a Christmas concert in York. On Sunday we got to mother-in-law with all OH's relatives. Then more of my relatives are coming for Christmas, then we've got the time between Boxing Day and New year to recover!

This is all weather permitting, of course!

Happy Chistmas, everyone!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 17:57:10 »
I hope you all have a wonderful, peaceful Christmas and a very veggie new year ;D
I'm so excited, I will have all my children in one place at the same time, last time was 8 years ago..so,there willbe 12 of us sitting down together for Christmas lunch and then we will all go to my daughter's for 'Buzz' and 'Sing star', both of which my eldest was instumental in developing .
plus, all my grandchildren there at once  ;D
Weather permitting, I hope

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 11:56:29 »
Thanks Sam for the thought and thanks to the rest of you in admin who look after us all the year round.

And not forgetting the rest of you allotmenteers who contribute to these forums be it by a question or a reply.

It is you lot who make A4A the best allotment site on the planet!

Merry christmas to you all and I hope you all have a bountiful harvest in 2011.

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=2007134554829&source=jl999

hope you like my card

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 15:48:19 »
Wishing You All A Very Happy And Merry Christmas.  Also a Prosperous New Year.

Thank you Tee Gee for the lovely card.
                                                              Taurus

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 09:24:37 »
We will be having lunch at my Daughter's house.....however I have come down with a nasty virus so if it is not cleared will be staying at home.Do not want any person to catch this...went to bed and my teeth were chattering..have not experienced that since I was a child.

My fave part of Christmas is Christmas Eve,all the family meet up at my Mums house.I love that.we all exchange our pressies and Mum reads The Night Before Christmas to the younger ones.

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas everyone and God bless  x

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 09:52:35 »
WORK,WORK,WORK,WORK, and more work.
Seems that all people want is to get places and not think of the poor blighters who have to work over the period.
I say bless all those who have to or volunteer duties over the holiday period.
They all have a hard enough job to do without the drunks and party goers trying to take over.

It has become to commercial for me now, the spirit of the events have been lost to spend spend and buy from me buy from them. Sale on from whoever.

Enough griping from me happy xmas to one and all whatever you get up too. ;D ;D ;D

Got them back now to put some tread on them

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 09:57:57 »
Wishing Everyone at A4All a very Happy Christmas and New year and a prosperous growing season next year, no work until the 10th January Yippeeee, :)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 09:59:52 »
For the first time in yonks I've got more than just Christmas day(4days) off so don't feel so bah humbug this year,we've got 9 coming for turkey this year,so will need me 3 days rest(well the boss will she does all the hard work really) after the frog family have all gone home.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 13:05:49 »
Last evening we went to a Christmas Musical and hubby and two other men were chosen out of the audience- he had to imitate big bells ringing whenever the word "bells" was mentioned in a song. The other men looked sheepish, but OH grinned through it all making big ridiculous sounds and arm movements- the audience loved him! So glad though they didn't make him sing!

We're having a quiet Christmas and celebrating a few days later when most of the kids and families arrive.
Christmas dinner party here tonight though (I shouldn't be sitting here on computer! ::)- come on over, we'll make room for you!

Merry Christmas to all A4A- Betula I hope you get over the chills pronto and ACE quits falling!
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal