Author Topic: frozen sprouts  (Read 3219 times)

picman

• Acre
Re: frozen sprouts
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2010, 09:46:16 »
Sprouts... Great   Marmite... Yuck  what is it ? old beer leftovers !

laurieuk

• Hectare
  • now retired
    • laurie mansers  garden hints
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 10:00:29 »
My first job christmas day is to go out into the garden and pick enough sprouts for 9 and get them ready for cooking . I grow Bridgett and the lunch is cooked by our son and his wife called Bridgett. We all love them but they must not be overcooked just crisp.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 11:48:40 »
love sprouts and there is a variety called 'revenge' which I am serving this year  ;D

take cover  :o

pumkinlover

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 12:10:44 »
Marmite on toast, very nice. Bread and butter and marmite and tomato sandwiches, brill. We are never without marmite (strange word when one types it and looks at the spelling). Bovril is good too.  Sprouts with dinner two days running, big bag for 50p (Morrisons) the ones I grew last year all blown.

Do you dig before you plant? I used to have this problem till I stopped digging as much.
They like really firm ground so I just hoe before I plant and really firm them in, also recomend "noisette" from organic catalogue.  Superb I could eat them every day. Have had to stop growing (f)artichokes though!! ;D ;D ;D

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 12:29:44 »
sprouts and Marmite sounds a combination worth trying   :), like Nigella's Gammon and Coca Cola...........

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 16:56:42 »
Love sprouts and believe it or not my kids fight over the last ones... Good harvest this year, grew Samba and Montgomery( ??? ) I think
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal