Author Topic: ALLOTMENT ASSOCIIATION AGREEMENT  (Read 841 times)

mrkevduff

ALLOTMENT ASSOCIIATION AGREEMENT
« on: July 08, 2010, 13:41:03 »
I AM A MEMBER OF A NEWLY FORMED ALLOTMENT ASSOCIATION BUT I DO NOT AGREE WITH THEIR NEW AGREEMENT, THE COMMITTEE SAY UNLESS I SIGN IT  THEY WILL EVICT ME (BULLY BOY TACTICS) ARE THEY ABLE TO DO THIS? WHAT SHOULD I DO? HELP!

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: ALLOTMENT ASSOCIIATION AGREEMENT
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 14:52:08 »
hi and welcome to the forum!
can you tell us what it is you dont like about the new agreement...and are you referring to the tenancy agreement?
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

detailista

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 15:41:43 »
welcome to the forum - it's bad nettiquette to write in capitals - a bit like shouting, I'm sure you'll get more of a response if you elaborate a bit on what you mean and write in lower case.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 18:51:56 »
Hello Kev, welcome to A4A.

Your landlord always has the ability to serve you notice to quit, with a minimum of 12 months notice expiring on the last day of the rental period.  So if your tenancy runs 1st January and you were served notice today your tenancy would end 31st December 2011.

It's also perfectly reasonable for your landlord to offer you a new tenancy at any time which, were you to accept it, would immediately end the previous tenancy.

It's not reasonable to characterise any of that as bully boy tactics unles the landord makes the offer of the new tenancy contingent on your immediate acceptance or something like that, in which case I'd agee, but even then it might not be worth the fight as the change is inevitable and all you're losing is a few months of notice.

A much more interesting question is whether the enforceability of the agreement's new clauses could be challenged, because the landlord can't impose arbitrary rules.

So what specifically do you object to?
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal