Author Topic: BBC QUESTION TIME  (Read 12766 times)

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
Re: BBC QUESTION TIME
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2009, 12:32:02 »

... reversing the tide of non-white immigration  ...

Are they ok with Poles and Russians then ?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2009, 12:51:38 »
I won't be watching it - I don't have a telly

snap...  ;D

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 13:33:29 »
I won't be watching it - I don't have a telly

snap...  ;D

I was thinking of maybe having a silent vigil - I bought a copy of Desmond Tutu's Rabble Rouser for Peace book, and have got about a third of the way through and would like to finish it, and thought it appropriate reading for tonight!   ;D fascinating read so far BTW

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 13:34:52 »

... reversing the tide of non-white immigration  ...

Are they ok with Poles and Russians then ?

And what about me?  My great great great grandparents were French Huguenots!

hideaway

• Not So New ...
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2009, 13:37:05 »
If I may jump in with my own thoughts. . . .

The BNP stand for things that i do not agree with. 
I also, however,  do not agree with things that other parties stand for.  I show my support (or lack thereof) by using my ability to vote.

Unfortunately, apathy has / had taken a hold of this country to the point whereby minority views are rewarded with power.

Let them have their say (on QT) the viewer can make up their own mind, and having listened to them will perhaps be more informed in doing so.   QT has had "controversial" guests on in the past, and it has gone pretty much how we all expect it to go tonight.

What we need to do is ensure that, through the power of our own vote, that such views (as held by parties like BNP) are extinguished, i.e. vote them out.

I for one, will be watching!

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2009, 13:47:11 »
I'll be watching it out of curiosity, I expect the booing and jeering will be very entertaining!

I despise the BNP but sadly our government is handing them votes on a plate, with the invasion of Iraq and Afganistan, funding of faith schools which promote gender inequality, and introduction of laws which ban people from criticising religion.

And with Tony Blair shortly to become EU president and his buddy Rowan Williams promoting Sharia law, I can see that the BNP (or a slightly watered down version of) will be in power within the next 10 years or so.

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2009, 13:57:42 »
, I can see that the BNP (or a slightly watered down version of) will be in power within the next 10 years or so.

and if that happens, I, for one, will leave the country for good.

Psi (Pronounced 'Si'!)

• Acre
  • Welcome to the jungle!
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2009, 14:37:40 »
All this tosh about foreigners taking 'our' jobs is simplistic to the point of moronic.  Take a walk down to your local job centre and tell me if you see beer swilling, drug addled white youths claiming rather that applying themselves to something useful.  If you offered them a bin man's job they'd simply turn it down.  As far as I see there is a generation growing up fearing work or avoiding it (this includes some members of my family).  That is nothing to do with hard working people coming to this country to make a living.  I'd hate to take up the challenge of working in another country and for people to demonise me for no real reason.

To me the politics of race and the BNP is the politics of fear - demonise some poor people or other to explain the world's ills.  Funny how they grow in popularity when the unemplyment total rises isnt it?  Take a look in Northern Ireland - the reality is rising sectarian clashes since the onset of the recession.  Blaming others for our woes anyone?

Love and peace guys.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2009, 14:51:51 »
Good post Psi. To paraphrase Jimmy Carr...

Someone comes here from a foreign country. He leaves his family and friends behind. He can't speak the language. He doesn't understand the culture. He has to arrange accommodation, find work and begin a whole new life without any support. And he manages to take your job. How nuts are you?!

Psi (Pronounced 'Si'!)

• Acre
  • Welcome to the jungle!
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2009, 14:56:19 »
oh and I am not saying her shouldnt be on QT either, just that he is a moron.  My worry is that he won't be humiliated on QT because its the wrong vehicle for him to be humiliated.  For example:

Question 1: where do the respective parties stand on immigration:

Jack Straw: we're against free immigration and will take a tough stance.
Tory: we're against free immigration and will take a tough stance.
Liberal: we're against free immigration and will take a tough stance.
Nick Griffin: we're against free immigration and will take a tough stance.

what will he say that is different on that issue? not alot?

Then they'll get onto war in Iraq/Afghanistan and clearly he'll be the only one who will say it's an illegal war, wrong, our boys should come home.  guess what? Some of that is correct.  He'll be popular with that one.

My worry is I dont see how the panel can humilate him within the parameters of QT.

Getting him on Newsnight or another magazine show would be better - free thinking people with no party affiliation could tear the guy apart and make him look the twerp he is.

So, my worry is that he will emerge from QT with (in some people's eyes) some credit which his views do not warrant.

He's just a sad, angry, limited and blinkered guy in my opinion.  The sad thing is that he's not alone!  His idea of Britishness is nothing to do with mine and I hate the idea that his @britishness' is the only one up for grabs.  To me Britishness is very much it's multiculturalism, liberalism, sense of adventure, opennness, hard work, fun....not hate, anything but hate!

Psi (Pronounced 'Si'!)

• Acre
  • Welcome to the jungle!
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2009, 14:58:05 »

Someone comes here from a foreign country. He leaves his family and friends behind. He can't speak the language. He doesn't understand the culture. He has to arrange accommodation, find work and begin a whole new life without any support. And he manages to take your job. How nuts are you?!

top quote.  In Britain we never consider working abroad so its seen as something others do over here!  It's very odd!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2009, 15:04:12 »

top quote.  In Britain we never consider working abroad so its seen as something others do over here!  It's very odd!

Strange, I didn't say "nuts" I said a different word for poo! Should've said s**t to keep the swearbot happy!

Pesky Wabbit

• Hectare
  • Where's my(palm oil free)KRAFT choclit Easter Egg?
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2009, 15:27:04 »
I wonder if Mr Griffin will be quoting the Squirrels Tale ?
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/index.php/topic,28007.msg276004.html#msg276004

In Britain we never consider working abroad so its seen as something others do over here!  It's very odd!

I work abroard - quite alot actually.

reddyreddy

• Hectare
  • Everybody dies but not everybody lives...
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2009, 15:35:08 »
psi, you have swear words deleted from your view, you can change this sop you see posts unaltered, can't remember how, somewhere in your settings.

top quote.  In Britain we never consider working abroad so its seen as something others do over here!  It's very odd!

Strange, I didn't say "nuts" I said a different word for poo! Should've said s**t to keep the swearbot happy!

Psi (Pronounced 'Si'!)

• Acre
  • Welcome to the jungle!
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2009, 16:44:20 »
BNP membership for only:

"The indigenous British ethnic groups deriving from the class of "Indigenous Caucasian" consist of members of: i) The Anglo-Saxon Folk Community; ii) The Celtic Scottish Folk Community; iii) The Scots-Northern Irish Folk Community; iv) The Celtic Welsh Folk Community; v) The Celtic Irish Folk Community; vi) The Celtish Cornish Folk Community; vii) The Anglo-Saxon-Celtic Folk Community; viii) The Celtic-Norse Folk Community; ix) The Anglo-Saxon-Norse Folk Community; x) The Anglo-Saxon-Indigenous European Folk Community; xi) Members of these ethnic groups who reside either within or outside Europe but ethnically derive from them."

all of who were immigrants at some point really.  I cant think many of these exist these day!  Loonies!

small

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2009, 17:36:19 »
I'm Celtic Welsh.  I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member...

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2009, 17:55:41 »
Did anyone listen to the discussion on this topic on the  Alan Titmarsh program this afternoon?  I thought Trish Goddard was good saying that a DNA test would be interesting.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2009, 18:00:45 »
Two comments.

On another forum, somone who is totally fed up of 'bloody immigrants' explained that it was because of them that he moved to Australia in the first place.  That with no self-awareness at all!

An aussie comedian whose name eludes me
'So they're all coming over here taking all our jobs are they? Fine! There's the fork-lift. Knock yourself out son. I'll be at home drinking beer.'

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2009, 18:15:15 »
On the subject of emigrating to Australia. My Aunt aged 76 wanted to go and live in Perth where her 3 children had gone to live 15 years previously. She had to pay the Australian government £11,000,  before she could go there and have enough funds in case she got ill.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2009, 18:38:54 »
Shirl 2 of my Great nephews met and married 2 Australian girls about 16 years ago (when they were all roller skating champions.) They have lived in Australia for some 14 years and between them have 4 sons. My Nephew and wife are going out there to live as all their family are now settled there. My nephew has had to prove he has sufficient money and he and his wife have very recently gone through vigorous medicals (costing a lot of money). Maybe we should follow some of the Australian Government's rules.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal