Author Topic: Still no rain  (Read 8194 times)

Petera

• Not So New ...
Re: Still no rain
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2009, 15:48:24 »
It is piddling it down here in Salisbury. Has been most of the day.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2009, 16:56:48 »
Puddles here also in Enfield, my four year old asked me, why is it always raining, as we walked home from school.  ???   :-\       :-*      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2009, 18:09:14 »
15mm that's it the ground is so dry it's just bounced off.

amphibian

« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2009, 19:12:01 »
It's hammering it down here in Maidstone, which is great because we sure need it.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2009, 21:10:51 »
I have been in Swindon all afternoon and it has been peeing down.  But back home a few miles north we have had some rain but not very much. 

After weeks praying for rain I found myself wandering round Tescos car park trying to remember where I had put the car while failing to avoid several large puddles and wishing it would stop.

amphibian

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2009, 23:06:10 »
I have been in Swindon all afternoon and it has been peeing down.  But back home a few miles north we have had some rain but not very much. 

After weeks praying for rain I found myself wandering round Tescos car park trying to remember where I had put the car while failing to avoid several large puddles and wishing it would stop.

While cycling home in the wet I reminded myself firmly that I wanted rain.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2009, 23:10:51 »
3 days of rain here.  I went to the supermarket very late last night, came home around 1.30am and it was so warm and humid.  Weatherman today said it had been warmer overnight than during the day today.

thifasmom

• Hectare
  • Growing my own, rocks!!! Maidstone, Kent.
    • Kella's Creative Wishes: Handmade Jewellery & Lots more.
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2009, 09:28:06 »

While cycling home in the wet I reminded myself firmly that I wanted rain.

yes the same thoughts yesterday while picking up daughter from school in wellingtons and umbrellas.

but this morning lovely warm sunshine, the garden looks very happy after its three day drink, the ponds are fulling back up and my water butts are half full :).

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2009, 10:18:12 »
I think the moral of this tale is 'Be carefull what you wish for, you might just get it - in spades!!'  ;D ;D ;D

Had over 30 mm this week in Dorset. After a month of nothing.

I blame climate change personally. Drought then flood seems to be the new order of things.

amphibian

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2009, 22:39:48 »
Water butt is full again, and the grass has decided to grow, for the first time since May I may actually have to cut it. I bet the weeds have shot up at the allotment.

Only regret: that I didn't finish my bean harvest while the pods were still bone dry.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal