Author Topic: Yet Another Rip-off  (Read 1071 times)

lavenderlux

• Acre
Yet Another Rip-off
« on: January 28, 2009, 20:03:28 »
I was shopping in town this morning with my mum, and she wanted a coffee; we usually go into M&S but we were the other end of the town so we went into a nearby coffee shop (not one of the big chains).  I asked for two regular filter coffees, which were priced on their board at £1.50 each - I was asked if we wanted sugar and milk - said yes, and was charged £3.60.  I queried the price and was told that the price on their board says 'from' (it did in small letters which I couldn't read from where I was standing until it was pointed out to me) and that the extra 60p was for the milk and the sugar!
I have never before been charged extra for milk and sugar when buying coffee - and surely more people drink their coffee with milk than without.
I hadn't been in there before - and won't be going there again - and it wasn't very nice coffee either!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Yet Another Rip-off
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 20:06:44 »
As I always take it black, no sugar... should I ask for a discount in most places?
 ???

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 20:22:30 »
As I always take it black, no sugar... should I ask for a discount in most places?
 ???

Me too and there's a thought.   ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 23:42:16 »
 ???

Me too and there's a thought.   ;D

G x
Me too.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal