Author Topic: Watermelon sugar baby and sunburst pitty pan squash  (Read 742 times)

caseylee

• Hectare
Watermelon sugar baby and sunburst pitty pan squash
« on: February 23, 2008, 19:53:15 »
coes anyone know when I can plant these two the instructions tell you what to do just not when to do it

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Re: Watermelon sugar baby and sunburst pitty pan squash
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 19:57:01 »
Don't know about the squash, but I planted seeds for sugar baby about a month ago in a propagator on my kitchen windowsill and so far nothing's come up, although the other melon seed has.  Just checked on a google search and says to sow late spring when soil is warm or 4-6 weeks earlier if sowing indoors.  Hope that helps.  :)
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 20:25:25 »
we've just started ours off in the propagator, hope we get a better summer than last year  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 20:29:24 »
 To be sure plant the melon  late April certainly no sooner that 3/4 weeks before you would transplant them into their final position there is no advantage to planting them early unless you can give them light and heat eg in a well heated greenhouse. The weather needs to be very settled and consistantly frost free.Grow on at 75%f.The squash will take cooler temps about 60/65 but won't tolerate any frost either and hates damp weather but unless you are prepared to lose some I would advise you to plant your squash at the same time.

I plant some a bit earlier and if we have an early summer they make it but it is a gamble and I always expect to re sow if need be. I would never try it with a rare or expenisve seed.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal