Author Topic: XMAS BOX  (Read 905 times)

ACE

• Hectare
XMAS BOX
« on: December 18, 2007, 17:08:25 »
I give xmas tips to the bin men and the bloke what sweeps our street, but for purely selfish reasons, (clean outside and the bin always put back). But when I am working for a client I don't expect one, after all I have lightened their wallets considerably anyway.  This year I seem to have had a lot of cards from clients with a bit of folding tucked inside. Todays was so large it made me feel a tad embarassed. 

Is tipping on the up? or is it just me.  If somebody is doing a sh!tty job they deserve a drink, but I think a card and a thankyou note would be sufficient for me. What do you think?

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: XMAS BOX
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 18:06:12 »
Well ACE, look on the bright side.  You've been doing a god job all year, and now you know that it's been appreciated.

valmarg

euronerd

• Acre
  • West Yorks
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 18:30:50 »
Maybe you're not charging enough  ;D
You can't please all of the people all of the time, but you can't upset them all at once either.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 21:44:43 »
My laydees like to give....and who am I to refuse them their little pleasure? ;D

So every Christmas...and Easter...and my birthday ::) - I usually get vouchers for the Garden Centre or Wilkos...oh! and Cadbury's chocolates....lots and lots and lots of Cadbury's chocolates 8)

In the Olden Days when we had binmen, I used to tip them....never had a man wot sweeps the street; no longer get a newspaper delivered, but used to tip them cos those kids are unsung heroes I reckon....so only tip the Postie these days.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 19:13:03 »
we get loads of choccies at work and money is often donated to the ward

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal