Author Topic: bad day  (Read 3556 times)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: bad day
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2007, 10:50:43 »
Get well soon Ace, and take care with the walking in Prague  :-* :-* :-*
The Tuscan Beaneater

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:06 »
Hi Ace,

As a lot of others have said - Could have been a lot worse - could have happened in Spring!!

Take care - hope you are already on the mend and have a great Christmas and holiday!

Old Bird

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 16:13:18 »
.....all together now....

"the bells are ring-ing.."

bloody hell ACE, don't know how I missed this....

Too bloody true that you had a lucky escape there; years back an experienced greenkeeper at our golf club wasn't around after to tell the tale, under circs.(tho not under a digger but a ride-on mower, you understand ::))  not unlike your own... :'(

So...all the best, matey, lie back, enjoy the enforced rest and get to learn to luv those chandeliers, as someone else has remarked 8)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 17:39:33 »
Well I am up and about, after a fashion today. Not too bad but still extremely sore. Would you believe that if I sit on the sofa with my leg up, the most perfect height is a plastic bucket turned over. So it is a good job I have the proper ones
otherwise it might degrade before I am cured :P

Ain't it a shame that I cannot  get out to buy her xmas present this year, mind you I could wrap up the new bag and belt I got her earlier, so at least the hover  will be working .

She will be all right when we go to Prague (I was surprised she agreed to go too easily) They make bloody chandeliers there >:(

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2007, 18:00:46 »
they make ashtrays anorl 8).......suspend a variety of these from the chandeliers wiv pulleys.etc...Heath Robinson Eat Yer Heart Out....xxxxxx

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2007, 18:07:58 »
She will be all right when we go to Prague (I was surprised she agreed to go too easily) They make bloody chandeliers there >:(

Bohemian glass is some of the best and beautiful in the world so don't forget to take the credit cards  ;D

I wonder what else you could use those buckets for  :P

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 19:31:33 »
Makes me shudder as hubby drives HGV and has been in a few ditches  :P
He used to be soooo fast on a forklift !! Glad it was no worse and just think when your in Prague you will be fit enough to walk round miles of chanderlier shops  ;D   ;D

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 20:26:56 »
It's ya client i feel sorry for.....got to wait now till after Xmas till ya get the bloody job done. ;)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 21:08:32 »
Well, I was just just finishing the job when the accident happened, so the girls can carry on planting, When we say we will do something, we stick to it. I was going to pack up for a month this weekend  anyway. I have not been idle, planning the next job, ordering plants, doing accounts, writing my little gardening column for the local newsletter. I even visited a nursery today, a walking stick is great for pointing out plants.

You don't get time off for sickness when you work for yourself.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 13:24:29 »

You don't get time off for sickness when you work for yourself.
We only have to ask ya wife. ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2007, 07:00:57 »
Woke up this morning, (sounds like a song I know) and the leg has reduced considerably in size. I have been scruffing about in my tracky bottoms, which I hate, so at last I can get my jeans on. The leg is still a very strange shade of purple and I will have to keep on limping otherwise the sympathy will dry up.

It is the start to a good day apart from a dentist appointment later  :-X  I shall now attemp to take her a cup of coffee in bed, now which leg do I limp on?

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 08:48:02 »
Good to here your on the mend Ace.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 23:51:44 »
Glad your on the mend ACE.....Im sure you'll also be pleased to know Ive been trying to squish that darned fly at the bottom of your posts!! >:(

I was getting worried that it was actually in the puta screen......you b*ggar ;D ;D ;D

Its bloody good actually ;D ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 09:47:23 »
I've got one of those on my website and I get a lot of complaints  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal