Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 887283 times)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #3680 on: May 09, 2010, 21:00:02 »

Finally planted out my daphne seedling! Sowed 03.02.07  :)

Ninny

tartonterro

• Acre
« Reply #3681 on: May 09, 2010, 21:03:51 »
planted more peas, cleared out greenhouse, built growbag greenhouse, fixed brackets for hanging baskets, planted leeks, beetroot, built raised platform for strawberrys (stop the doggies peaing on them)
very busy, very productive day

greenfists

• Half Acre
« Reply #3682 on: May 09, 2010, 21:30:49 »
Cleared some ground to move the chickens and had a lovely bonfire.
If you haven't got green fingers then use your fists.

firefightersbabe

• Not So New ...
  • A new, but enthusiastic learner!
« Reply #3683 on: May 09, 2010, 21:49:40 »
Potted up remainder of my 70 tomato seedings, into pots, ready for nursery fun-day in 2 weeks time.  Sorted out greenhouse - getting tight for space in there - 12 trays of marigolds all doing well, again, mostly for nursery fun-day, but some for myself for going into allotment WHEN it is eventually ready. (waiting for local authority to get the dividers in, get the sheds on, and get the leaf mould on - it is a renovated site, so starting again from scratch. Just wish they'd GET A BLOOMING MOVE ON!!!!!!)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3684 on: May 09, 2010, 21:58:45 »
First peas are planted out...so are cabbages..re-potted toms,peppers and chillies into bigger pots. Been digging out yet more bindweed and old raspberry roots.
Can't really plant much more out..frost in forecast..so better sit tight..and wait..there is not panic yet.. ::)

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #3685 on: May 09, 2010, 22:39:57 »
Well,
Today has been a busy old day, Firstly I transplanted my African Marigolds, Cosmos, and Sunflowers into larger pots. Next I finished off the Cold frame with the bubble wrap. And then I started on a ramp for the garage door, which will allow me to get the mower and other things into and out of the garage more easily. I also filled up 200 three inch square pots ready to continue the transplanting of seedling into their new growing medium.
All this in time for the late frosts due this week. Still after that we can only hope that there will be a good summer in the end.
I must get round to cutting and levelling the grass, which is well overdue a good rake and spiking. Then I have to re grout the patio as there are some grasses and weeds coming through the cracks.
The only bad thing to happen today is, the plastic greenhouse has now got a new ventilation hole along the zipper closure. The problem is that the greenhouse is only thirteen months old and the warranty is out.
I have watered the plants and the fruit trees in readiness for the dry period this week.
I also moved around the plants to better accommodate all new growth.
Finally I had a cup of tea and a bite to eat.
A good day productively. ;)
Photo's to follow

Got them back now to put some tread on them

landimad

• Hectare
« Reply #3686 on: May 10, 2010, 10:54:36 »
Photo's

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3687 on: May 10, 2010, 13:22:51 »
Not much as it was raining. Dumped 6 bags of hops from the brewery and spread some of them around my onions, then earthed up the first potato shoots as frost is forecast tonight.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #3688 on: May 10, 2010, 16:41:21 »
Watered, had a droopy potato plant (in a pot)  :-\

Strawberry plant I bought last week has flowers and so does one of the tomato plants. ;D
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3689 on: May 10, 2010, 17:59:06 »
Ray emptied the leaf bin and earthed up all the potatoes he could find, put the cloche back on the competition spuds, put up some fleece around the beans..I transplanted some different basil and sowed some 9 star perennial cauli (thanks, saddad), little gem, swede and beetroot in pots, re-planted the tomatoes into bigger pots, rapidly running out of undercover space..put the mummy peas nearer the door to slow them down a little, hoping the weather warms up soon  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3690 on: May 10, 2010, 18:46:59 »
Barrowed council compost onto the plot ready to sow more sweetcorn direct tomorrow.    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Jill

• Hectare
  • S E London
« Reply #3691 on: May 10, 2010, 18:59:27 »
Planted out the nasturtiums and started potting up the foxglove seedlings from the seed trays.

Glen

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3692 on: May 10, 2010, 22:19:52 »
Earthed up all my potato's and covered them with fleece. Also built a wire mesh frame ready for my pea's, beans and french beans.

When is going to warm up  >:( need to get my Chilli's, Tom's, peppers, cucumbers, courgettes, squash and pumpkins outside as seriously starting to run out of room!

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #3693 on: May 10, 2010, 23:05:22 »
The OH painted the bits of a shed that a lottie neighbour couldn't reach  ;D
weeded the peas ,sowed more peas.
Played hokey cokey with the greenhouse plants...in out in out etc.    turned the muck bins and wondered if it's rotted enough to plant courgettes in  ::)
picked salad leaves and sorrel with radish and spring onion for a salad supper oh did I mention the asparagus for lunch with wonderful eggs from our favourite lottie friends chucks .
Isn't life wonderful  :)
With love and many hugs for those who are having it tough at the moment.xx
sanity is overated

susan1

• Half Acre
« Reply #3694 on: May 10, 2010, 23:52:00 »
I didn't do anything today, but hub did, he planted all my spare cabbages and sweede that were still in the greenhouse grown from seed, so I asked him where he put the cabbages and where did he put the sweede to which he replied all in a row. So now i have sweede and cabbages all mixed up but hey ho I dont think it will matter too much, just hope we dont get any frost as they were taken straight from greenhouse to lottie without being hardened off ;D

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #3695 on: May 11, 2010, 05:48:51 »
Dropped off the half-ton of manure I collected on Saturday this morning... that'll go under the squashes eventually...

landimad

• Hectare
« Reply #3696 on: May 11, 2010, 17:49:50 »
Helped a neighbour shift a load of oak railway sleepers into his garden ready for him to position into deep beds. :P
Oak seems to be very heavy or I am just getting weaker. :-X

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3697 on: May 11, 2010, 17:58:48 »
Sowed another 23 sweetcorn direct.    ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #3698 on: May 11, 2010, 18:04:34 »
spent a very sunny morning weeding out onions, earthing up potatoes, strimming and edgeing then stopped for lunch. Sat in the sun enjoying the peace and quiet then more weeding, sowed beans and inspected compost bins. All doing well.
So we did quite a lot today and came home when it got a bit cold and windy but a lovely day.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3699 on: May 11, 2010, 18:22:29 »
Who nicked our compost, now more deliveries until end of June.   ??? ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal