Author Topic: Hi-jacking threads - a plea to stop  (Read 6814 times)

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
Re: Hi-jacking threads - a plea to stop
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2007, 12:12:46 »
is it ya last one. :-*

too late.

;D
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

markyb23

• Half Acre
  • Bloke from Stoke
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2007, 12:31:42 »
Hi all,
          I just want to say that I totally asgree with Greyhound's last post. I also totally support the sentiments expessed by Georgie and Heldi.
  You can call me a miserable bugger, or, anything else you want to, but I find the attempts at 'humour' on the off topic theme pretty pathetic, juvenile and plain un-funny.
  So there you go. Thought I may as well have my say, seing as though it's a forum.
   All The Best-MarkyB :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2007, 12:40:29 »
I also agree markybe23. As I am not at all techy minded I am wondering if Dan has enough room on the site to enable us to get back to posts that either create interest or ask questions. Lets hope so.
Lorna.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2007, 12:55:29 »

I think if real conversations were policed to make sure we stuck to the point, life would be very tedious. I like the friendly , chatty atmosphere here.

In a nutshell.

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2007, 13:17:20 »
Thing is, on a site like A4A, which is full of such knowledgeable people, if the answer to someone's question isn't within the first 10 or so posts, then it's not going to be there.  Which means there's no need for a reader to meander through any posts after that if they do not wish to read the off-topic replies?

Ah, now you see I disagree with this point.

Just because no one comes along straightaway with an answer doesn't mean no one will.  Not everyone visits the forum every day; and new members are joining all the time.  But filling the thread up with off-topic chat in the meantime will put a lot of people off reading it, and they might miss the fact that the question still hasn't been answered.  Granted, it will keep the thread near the top, but the OP can easily bump the thread up him/herself.

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2007, 13:20:13 »
 :-X
got a lottie got a life

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2007, 14:19:35 »
ffs

::)
There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2007, 15:03:53 »
Thank you for those mature, considered, constructive comments.

Just about sums it all up, really.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2007, 16:11:23 »
OK I'me out
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2007, 18:22:23 »
Oh heck.   :( 

I don't know what I've missed in the last couple of days but I seem to have stirred up a hornet's nest.  This was quite unintentional. 

Jeannine, you have not upset me.  No-one has upset me in this thread. 

I've re-read my original post and I cannot understand why some posters have taken on so.  It was a geniuine request and I wanted to know what others thought.  I've read your replies with interest.  For what it is worth I remain of the view that it is good manners to remain on topic.  That doesn't preclude conversation, and if that adds a bit of colour, I for one am all in favour.   ;D

G x 

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2007, 22:06:45 »
Three cheers for Georgie, looks as though she is also having a smile about all the stuff and nonsense.  Of course it cheers us all up so don`t go getting uptight about it peeps  CHILLLLLLLLL.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2007, 22:24:47 »
Thanks Georgie, actually I would have been surprised if you had been cross as you seem to have great sense of humour and a sensible attitude. Alls well  XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2007, 22:26:10 »
Posted by: Georgie  Posted on: Yesterday at 18:22:23 
Insert Quote 
Oh heck.     

I've re-read my original post and I cannot understand why some posters have taken on so.  It was a geniuine request and I wanted to know what others thought.  I've read your replies with interest.  For what it is worth I remain of the view that it is good manners to remain on topic.  That doesn't preclude conversation, and if that adds a bit of colour, I for one am all in favour.   

G x 

Says it all Georgie, RESPECT.  as they say. xxx
got a lottie got a life

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal