Author Topic: Woodbridge Suffolk.  (Read 2638 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Woodbridge Suffolk.
« on: June 02, 2007, 22:01:52 »
As a revenge for accompanying me to the Eden Project and Heligan, I have had to agree to go to a golfing weekend to Ufford Park in August. I'm a gardener, not a golfer so it's going to be boring for me unless I visit the Spa in the Hotel. The inclusive bit involves saunas and cold showers etc. which fill me with the horrors. :o Other treatments are extortionate, ie: £55 for a foot treatment.  ;D
 I have googled the area and can't seem to find anything interesting to do except visit a mill. Does anyone else know the area , if so how can I amuse myself for a Sunday afternoon/Monday morning. 
Ps. I have just read an excruciatingly bad revue for the restaurant which is part of the package.Hope they have their act together by August. :-\

Any comments on the area would be most welcome.
Smile, it confuses people.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
Re: Woodbridge Suffolk.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 23:36:23 »
Well i used to live in Suffolk and if you are in Woodbridge, hows about a day out in Ipswich.   Its not so far away. Thompson and Morgan is also in Ipswich, perhaps there is a garden place near their headquarters.

Other than that, can't think where you could make for unless you have the use of a car.   You are in Constable Country and there are some lovely villages roundabout.  We had a few days  staying nr Needham Market two years ago. I met a lady from A4A whilst we were in Suffolk, at a Garden Centre in Woodbridge!!!   Do some more googling....

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:43:33 »
If you've got transport, there are loads of nice villages and interesting old churches. Norwich Cathedral is well worth a visit if you can get that far, or Framlingham Castle. There must be gardens you gan see as well. There's a strange walk along the cliffs at the site of Dunwich; it's a medieval town which has completely disappeared into the sea. When I went along there there was a single gravestone left on the edge of the cliff, but it's probably long gone now.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 09:45:34 by Robert_Brenchley »

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2007, 19:02:13 »
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2007, 22:39:09 »
I will have my car so Suffolk is my oyster, so to speak. ;D Liking the sound of a cliff top walk Robert.
Thanks all for your suggestions, a little more investigating on my part is required now I have an idea what to look at.

timf

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:13:38 »
as your in ufford how about one of the courses run at
http://www.crown-nursery.co.uk/index.html

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 13:23:58 »
That would have been just the thing Tim, but we are there Sunday and bank holiday Monday and sadly they are closed both days. B****r  :(
Thanks anyway. ;D

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 14:13:18 »
Hi Emaggie,

Not sure how far it is from Woodbridge, but Aldeburgh on the Suffolk coast is well worth a visit - home to Benjamin Britten for many years, and you can certainly hear it in his music. And Snape Maltings is also worth a visit - not just a concert hall, there are plenty of craft shop and restaurants too.

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 22:47:25 »
Ah yes I like a good craft shop ;D

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2007, 22:37:45 »
I agree about Adleburgh and Snape - my favourite places...
If you go to Adleburgh try :-
the chip shop - one of the best in the world
the Cragg sisters tea shop  - homemade cakes are fab
the stained glass in the church there is stunning
a walk down to the Marello tower is lovely
walk down the coast the the village of Thorpeness - lots of curios there

Dunwich
- lovey pub
nice walks
fish and chips on beach

Southwold
Lovely walks
wonderful beach
Great places to eat and drink

can I come too?

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2007, 23:02:50 »
And if you take in Aldeburgh don't miss the Maggi Hambling sculpture on the beach.   ;D 

G x

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 23:04:58 by Georgie »
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 09:12:46 »
Thanks all, I'm beginning to look forward to it now! ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal