Author Topic: Spanish pass the parcel  (Read 26014 times)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
Re: Spanish pass the parcel
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2007, 08:10:08 »
Don't worry stokko, it should have just about arrived when you get back from your holls................
this is going soooooo well, I'm really pleased

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2007, 14:51:47 »
ahhh...the box arrived second post.  its full to bulging woth goodies. so much stuff i never knew i needed. am looking forward to going through it properly and will try and put interesting things in.  will endevour to get it back in the post tomorro morning so watch for the posty in a day or two jeannine.  ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #82 on: June 14, 2007, 15:01:57 »
phew!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #83 on: June 14, 2007, 17:46:52 »
Oh me, and it's nearly the weekend...drat..I love seeds...oh come on next week.

XXXXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2007, 18:04:39 »
Jeannine your going to need another suitcase to put them all in!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2007, 18:16:47 »
Suitcase..nah, I keep mine in and old Oxo tin!! Are you confusing me with someone else,perhaps someone with a seed addiction maybe.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2007, 18:18:58 »
you dont have a seed adiction - your the queen of seed addicts :)

I copied down the name of one of your seed companys from the barnsdale meet and i can see why you have so many!! I still think you should re-sell on ebay and make a fortune!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2007, 18:28:11 »
oops, caught out !!

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2007, 08:53:42 »
well this box aint gonna do nuffink to aswage (is that a real word or did i make it up) your addiction. ;D. i had such fun going through it all last night whilst watching springwatch. i took a little pinch of lots and put more in than i took out. i think everyone so far has put in loads more than they have taken so those patient souls at the end of the list will have a great seed feast. thanks for organising it biscombe, i never joined one of these before because i always thought i had all the seeds i needed.  ha ha ha ha ha ha. ;D ;D

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2007, 08:55:27 »
o yeah, what i actually meant to say was that the parcel is all set and ready to go i will post it in about an hour so jeannine it should be with you by monday or tuesday.  :-*

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2007, 08:57:07 »
Thanks Sarah, so not a cure for me, more like a fix,oh well,I ma still hoping if it gets off today it might make it here for Saturday,!!!!!!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2007, 12:29:04 »
Guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It arrived here Saturday, well done Sarah, it just stopped a wee while here to unload a bit and  be fed and it has already been posted at Mikey at 11am today. It is moving quick, wondering if Mikey should bypass Stocko as he has gone away today I beieve????? Pick him up when he gets back perhaps.

I removed a large bag of seeds, they look like squash it may say Jaspee de Vendee,writing is in red. I think they are homesaved and they have been packed fresh . Very mouldy smell when I opened the parcel. The seeds are very mouldy and the note inside is too and barely readable. I took them out as I was nervous they would comtaminate the others.

I am going to rinsethem in a mild bleach, then dry them,they may make it if the mildew has not got through the seed case yet, but they are a tad sticky..There is quite a big bag we can figure out what to do with them.

XX Jeannine

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2007, 12:30:37 »
Guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It arrived here Saturday, well done Sarah, it just stopped a wee while here to unload a bit and  be fed and it has already been posted at Mikey at 11am today. It is moving quick, wondering if Mikey should bypass Stocko as he has gone away today I beieve????? Pick him up when he gets back perhaps.

..... snipped from here by Mikey
XX Jeannine

Jeannine and fellow Seed addicts,

parcel arrived here this morning at 11:00 hrs, an especially good service from Jeannine in Hull, the Posties are still using handcarts and horses over there ..... ;D

I was taking advantage of the calm between the rainstorms and planting out Runners and climbing French Beans, when the parcel arrived. I had forgotten about Spanish PTP, thought box was my new 'Harry Potter' book from Amazon .... then saw Gaffer Tape and knew it was a Seed Red Cross parcel from Hull  ;D  (welcome back Gaffer tape, all is forgiven  ;D)

Have not been on A4A for a while, busy in Garden and Lottie (and helping youngest Son with house move) so out of touch with current A4A news.

Jeannine,  Lee Stocko, I will 'skip' him and send on to Jo9919, will someone make sure the parcel gets sent to Lee when he returns home ?  (I have his real name so have put it on the distribution list)

Also have added a blank page to allow for all the comments.

Wow ...... what a parcel, Christmas really has come early. Warning about the Spanish seed packets, the Chervil packet had come apart and distributed it's contents within the box, nothing lost (ythanks to good packing) so have shook out seed and re-packed into original packet then a good Sellotaping.

Sorry I will not get the parcel back in the post today, but will for sure on Tuesday 19 June (big box means I have to go into 'Town' to post)

Back to the Runners and Climbing Beans
TTFN
North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2007, 14:53:33 »
Ooh you cheeky monkey, I especially didn't use so much tape this time too!!

I agree we use handcarts still (usually by moonlight with furniture on) but the 'orses can go like Red Rum if it is important enough.

I must have missed that leaky one, I did seal a few that were stapled.

You have given yourself away now though Mikey, I always thought your piorities were admirable, but Harry Potter versus seeds. I think you need a holiday north of the river to get your 'ed back on straight.

Enjoy sorting, and don't read that ruddy book if it comes second post till you are done !!!

XX Jeannine.

'arry potter,didn't he run the rag and bone shop in Louth for a few years,

mikey

• Acre
  • Head Gardener
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2007, 15:18:28 »

You have given yourself away now though Mikey, I always thought your piorities were admirable, but Harry Potter versus seeds. I think you need a holiday north of the river to get your 'ed back on straight.

Enjoy sorting, and don't read that ruddy book if it comes second post till you are done !!!

XX Jeannine.

'arry potter,didn't he run the rag and bone shop in Louth for a few years,

Harry Potter versus seeds ..... no contest ..... Harry wins every time (after all, with magic he can do anything !!!!  ;))

The Rag and Bone man in Louth was Potty 'arry. I got my wedding suit from him for five bob and he bought it back next day for half a Dollar, one of the best deals I ever did  ;D the licence cost me 7/6d and the Church Bells were £5 so I got the whole package for £5.10 shillings. Cost a wee bit more over the years since then  ;D but OH is well worth it, she is a Gem, I am so lucky, God Bless Her .... (just playing safe in case she gets on to A4A, I am a devout coward and I bruise and bleed easily  ;)

Cheers all

PS my mistook, Harry Potter book is due in July (not June) these stories are far too good for little Adults, they should be restricted to 'wrinklies' only  ;)
North Willingham, Lincolnshire (20 miles North East of Lincoln)  HASL: 55m

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2007, 15:29:10 »
Oh you rotter, I am  off sick and my  ribs are hurting with laughing.

Smashing to hear a fella talk pretty about the missus though.

XX Jeannine

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2007, 15:47:13 »
I removed a large bag of seeds, they look like squash it may say Jaspee de Vendee,writing is in red. I think they are homesaved and they have been packed fresh . Very mouldy smell when I opened the parcel. The seeds are very mouldy and the note inside is too and barely readable. I took them out as I was nervous they would comtaminate the others.

I am going to rinsethem in a mild bleach, then dry them,they may make it if the mildew has not got through the seed case yet, but they are a tad sticky..There is quite a big bag we can figure out what to do with them.

XX Jeannine

Hi Jeannine,

I saved that variaty but i did not remember putting some in the swap. I have just smelled my seeds and there fine so i have no idea how this moldy bag turned up and i tend to use blue or black pen so not sure how they got there.

cambourne7

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2007, 16:24:24 »
it was in there when i recieved it but i didnt think they were too bad, i took a few to sow. i couldnt read the writing but they werent sticky and didnt small mouldy, but you probably did the right thing.  i am going to sow mine in a bit.  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2007, 16:32:35 »
No probs, they were damp still.

I have dried out the note inside,they are Jaspee, the note has been written on both sided and as the red ink has smudged it is difficult to read, on one side what I can see though is ...cut today 7/06/07...wonderful flavour,
On the other side I can make out what I think is  Jaspee de Vendee,enjoy,one of the most versatile,photo, saved for this swap, I can't make out any more, but I have rinsed them in a mild bleach and they are drying off, then I will get them off to someone, maybe I can catch up the parcel , there is quite a big bag.

I would second the description, it is a wonderful squash, one I like very much.

I think being in the zippie damp for sometime it has developed mould but the kernels inside the seed cases   seem unhurt.

If I can just stop the mildew.

I will give it my best shot and get back to you all.

XX Jeannine

Sarah, did you see who they were from, maybe they were still Ok by the time they got to you. It doesn't take much once they are damp and the heat is right.

XX Jeannine

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2007, 16:34:57 »
Sorry Sarah, you must have posted as I was typing XX Jeannine

Just thought going backwards, it has to be Suzanne, Flowerlady or Biscombe, maybe they can tell us more about them.There are so many and they are smashing seeds.

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 16:37:37 by Jeannine »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal