Author Topic: Spring?  (Read 2196 times)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
Spring?
« on: January 09, 2007, 20:40:27 »
Hey!

here's what's going on in my garden tonight. things seem to be coming up surprisingly early. especially the lavender!

these are my sweetpeas. i'm not sure if it shows up on the image....but it's already in bud.

my crocuses have been out for about a month now...and look like they'll flower soon.

some of my alliums. can't remember which variety this is....i have about 6 in the garden i think:

my passiflora contance elliot putting on new growth:

my giant crocuses popping up:

a lot of bulbs i had to put in cell trays because i couldn't dig the ground in the last month or so because it's so wet. so once it starts to look better, they'll go in the ground.....some might come inside for indoor blooms :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Spring?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 11:39:10 »
lovely, wahaj, is your garden protected, ?  :)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 13:43:42 »
lovely, wahaj, is your garden protected, ?  :)

well......it's always pretty windy....and i have a lot of casualties that way.....but it's got the house wall on one side, a fence on the other and the other 2 side are made of 10 foot high lleylandi. on top on that, there's a huge cherry tree in one corner....so i guess you could say it's protected.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 16:46:10 »
It's great to see things starting to move isn't it. Soon we won't be able to keep up with the plants.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 21:15:24 »
you'll soon have a jungle :)
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 10:29:48 »
Yes - sprung!!

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 13:09:52 »
Exciting huh!  ;D  Are we all saddos getting excited about spring springing? 8)

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 22:43:45 »
tell me about it emma! i am sooo excited! since the end of summer...it's been so depressing for me. everyone's telling you that you must try your best to extend the season and makes things flower for longer as it starts to cool down. as soon as i hear those words "starting to cool down" and "approaching the end of summer" i start to get depressed.

and now i'm just so over the moon and in such good spirits. like the summer, i'm now out in my garden pretty much every morning to see what's popping up....what changes i can make. i've been seed sowing. all the shops have their gardening stuff out again....bulbs and perennials ready to buy. bare root plants being shipped in......fresh plants allover the shelves of B&Q.

i am sooooooo excited lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal