Author Topic: Grrrr @ idiots  (Read 4441 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Grrrr @ idiots
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 10:14:02 »
it's a shame it's gone over from gardening to personalities, I like talking about gardening experiences, I'm what people called disabled, my oh has what people term mental health problems, what do we do, we laugh at them all, we're just people,
PLEASE, can we just get back to plants etc... :'(

Yellow Petals

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 15:52:26 »
well I know a great deal of people who it does matter to - that they are labelled by their appearance, lack of abilities etc

"my neighbours are down syndrome" could so easily have been "my neighbours have special needs and abilities" or better still "my neighbours are people"

how the clique gangs up is also symptomatic - aye that's the way of the world

I will leave you with your anger at the fence breakers and me - I don't need to be here at all

thank you for your time - happy gardening

I think it's a shame that you feel the way you do.  Firstly, it's not a clique of people at all.  The only person in all of the replies that I talk to regularly is Rosebud - because she's my mum!  I think that everybody else who responded, was feeling pretty much the same as me and understood what I had tried to explain.  It saddens me to think that you will depart the site over something like this.  Life is about agreements and disagreements - online or off (we are still real people even sitting behind our screens!)  I hope you will change your mind because as has been pointed out - this is a gardening forum - and this thread did start off about a part of my garden.

I did just have a bit of a soapbox on the barmy PC world of today but I deleted it for fear of naughties starting up again  ;D 

Good idea to lock this thread or should I wait until I can post pictures of hoodlums with shovel imprints on their foreheads?

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2006, 16:01:41 »
please wait until you've got piccies, I'd like to see pictures of your footprints on their nether regions but again, that's probably not pc either   ;)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2006, 16:09:02 »
Let us just leave this and forget all about the differences shall we after all its nearly Christmas :o :o, and then of course a new growing season. Happy Gardening all. ;D ;D

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2006, 16:12:49 »
shovel

Now come on, not many people have a shovel, it is a builders tool. What gardeners have is a spade. So why don't you call your spade a spade ;D

TAXI,  have you got room for my big stick driver?

Artisan

• Not So New ...
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2006, 17:46:00 »
YP, did you report it to the police?  There may be nothing that they can do, prolly not in fact, but it will highlight that you have a problem, and that it may well be linked to other acts of mindless vandalism in your area.  It may help you in future to get extra patrols in the future and I hesitate to say that your neighbours condition(?) should be taken into account as well as vulnerable adults.  Hope that I haven't upset anyones sensibilites by saying that.

wahaj

• Hectare
  • prisoner
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2006, 17:54:49 »
dig some deep holes near your fence and cover them with leaves. you can't be done for that surely....teach them a lesson. what a load of crap.

and i think this discussion about down syndrome is a waste of time. I don't think anyone meant any harm by anything that was said. So what if she assumed that people next door weren't capable of dealing with such issues as much as we can? surely it's better to think about your neighbours and consider them, rather than assume they can.

i understand calendula that having someone in the family with the condition must be something that you live with everyday and so you know a lot more about it....but that doesn't mean just because other people are sometimes politically uncorrect are ignorant.

i do appologise for the confusion of names in the original post.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 23:27:17 by wahaj »

Merry Tiller

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2006, 22:07:20 »
The PC brigade are turning us into a joke nation  >:(

TULIP-23

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2006, 23:02:58 »
Calendula

Its not at all what Sam was refering to....Think you,ve taken the Wrong Bull by the horns.

Thats your freedom of Choice...... its not what was intended I can asure you.
Incidentally
I am..... and work with Handicap people daily but here in Holland maybe we just have a different attitude and outlook
Sometimes its better to listen than to talk

LILACSPLASH

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2006, 00:52:27 »
Sorry, but i'm going to have to say it... now I'm not the most tactfull of people, but... if they have Downs, they have Downs, it's as simple as an extra chromosome, that's that and that is life, if we were all the same it would be boring, so what's wrong with giving special people a special name?...
Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert

greyhound

• Hectare
  • The Kingdom of Wessex
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 10:29:41 »
It sometimes seems to me that almost as soon as we learn to use an "acceptable" term in place of an "offensive" one,  the new term is seen as "offensive".

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2006, 15:06:32 »
Hope you manage to put a stop to the vandalism YP.Why not put up a notice saying beware of the spade woman lol
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2006, 16:16:35 »
:) Y P I think we are all with you on this one and as Rosebud rightly said lets put this to bed, but I'm still imagining the social workers face sorry I find it so funny can't get it out of my head ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2006, 16:29:38 »
I'm still imagining the social workers face sorry I find it so funny can't get it out of my head ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nor me! Terrifying :o & hilarious ;D ;D ;D

Yellow Petals

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2006, 20:03:23 »
No further incidents I'm glad to say.  Fence still trying to hold it's own (even survived the strong winds yesterday) whilst we await an answer from next door's maintenance peeps.

Appreciate and agree with pretty much all the comments made in this thread, thanks to all  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal