Author Topic: A level results  (Read 1307 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
A level results
« on: August 17, 2006, 12:51:33 »
Good luck to everyone who has taken them, hope the results are what you wanted.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Curryandchips

• Hectare
Re: A level results
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 14:14:50 »
Takes me back, I was on holiday on a campsite at St Leonards, Bournemouth when my results were published back in '73. I had to get them posted down to me. Fortunately I had 3 passes (D; D; A) which was all I required.

A surreal time.
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 14:36:04 »
Nearly 100% pass rate according to the news I heard on the way our with the urchins today.  Aaaahhh, 6th form....those were the days.....

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 14:44:49 »
Val, thank you.  My daughter has passed her 'A's and recieved confirmation of her place at university to do Primary Teacher Training so she is one very happy lady.   ;D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 14:50:53 »
Congratulations to Tulippa and especially her daughter!!  YIPPEE!!

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 15:04:05 »
Thanks EJ, it doesn't seem 5 minutes since she started school, and here we are.... I am thrilled for her as she is so looking forward to her course.  I shall miss her very much but my house will be a bit tidier! ;)

I hope everyone else has good news too, it is so stressful for youngsters today.

Thanks
T.

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 22:15:08 »
Having gained my place at Uni (many years late) as a mature student for October, can honestly express relief at not having to get results today, and express sympathy for my fellow students who have had a sleepless night! God Luck all!

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 22:33:46 »
Oooh, good luck CL, I think it would be wonderful to go and do a degree now, enjoy it, what sort of course are you doing?  There are so many interesting looking courses now, quite tempted myself...  one day....
T.

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 22:54:33 »
Dear T, am off to be a lawyer! Had a yearning way back, but no support from parents (think my father thought it was waste as I'd be married, ha ha !). So, off I go, and OH is .

Won't be the only mature student

AND have just come back from a week's 'work experience' which was wonderful and confirmed my path...

Watch this space!

CLxx (not with a wig and gown on - yet!)

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 23:08:46 »
I have a friend who has just finished a law degree, she had been a nurse so a complete change but finds it fascinating.  It is amazing how many mature students there are these days, hope it goes well for you.  Keep us posted and one day you can have your wig on as your Avatar... T.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 00:58:45 »
Well done to all students young and old.  I hope there are many, many passes and celebrations all over  ;D

I'm struggling with this social work degree and I cannot see myself finishing it for love nor money, grrrr.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 21:13:19 »
Namissa felt exactly the same about a Social Work degree a while back, but she got through in the end. Just keep going.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 11:04:25 »
Well done to all those who took exams. I work in a 6th form so Thurs as a manic day (as always). Just got GCSE results day to go this Thurs now!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal