Author Topic: woo hoo! another great day  (Read 1716 times)

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
woo hoo! another great day
« on: March 15, 2004, 17:35:20 »
just spent 4 glorious hours down the lottie! it was very windy indeed (daren't attempt to brush my hair, think i'll stay looking like a scarecrow) and it showered once but other than that its been sunny and warm. i've moved 12 barrowloads of "stuff" which i think was a bonfire once and pile of stuff in the middle of my plot. i'm not going to grow anything i eat on that bit this year after seeing the stuff i pulled out....

my potato beds are freshly dug and ready (picked out bucketloads of couch roots for the 4th time!), my strawberries tidied, broad beans supported, new broad beans and a row of peas sown. i sowed a few leeks and brussels sprouts in a seed bed under fleece and sowed 1/2 a row of spinach under the cloches that have been in place for a couple of weeks!

the best bit was finally finding debs allotment - i'm excited for her, it's lovely! i reckon it'll be beautiful in summer when its all growing. lucky thing has no weeds!

am a very happy, if slightly siezing up person!!!

allotment_chick

• Hectare
  • comfrey is cool....
Re:woo hoo! another great day
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 17:56:46 »
Pleased for you Legless!  Spare a thought for us in West London

I feel like Marvin the paranoid Android .... all this energy and its raining.  What's the point of getting up the lottie - its cold and the soil is heavy and sticky ....  Depressed, don't talk to me about being depressed....  ::)

However, Ozzy needs to get the tomahawk out and send good vibes to the Sun God as next week as I've got a whole week off so hope to be able to get cracking!   ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 16:37:09 by allotment_chick »
Guardian of around 2,950 sq ft of the planet Earth

Ceri

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 18:41:17 »
Nice one Legless - lovely up here out of the wind wasn't it - sadly, yet again, I was at work when the dry weather came, but managed to sort out my herb bed in the back garden.  Lucky didn't cut myself to ribbons as I found two whole brand new lightbulbs planted carefully in the bed - after some questioning it seems my son, in autumn, was 'helping' mummy by planting bulbs!!  I wouldn't have believed it unless I'd seen it, my husband and I were crying with laughter and had to go in so James couldn't see us.  

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 18:53:50 »
nearly the right idea! that's so funny, bless him!  ;D

it'll brighten up soon enough AC - you'll be down there before you know it!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 18:56:18 by legless »

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 19:11:49 »
ooh ooh ooh, and the plot next door which last year was full of weeds and then some elves or something visited and took away the weeds and replaced them with empty beer cans - has now been worked on, they've dug a pond and edged all their beds with logs - looks fab! it looks like we may now have 4 'organic' plots in a row!

Muddy_Boots

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 20:02:14 »
Ooh! you lucky peeps!  Good on u!  :D  :D :D
Muddy Boots

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal