Author Topic: A year today.....  (Read 10455 times)

undercarriage plan

Re: A year today.....
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2005, 09:12:57 »
Aww Windy, he'd have been proud of you, KC sounds beautiful, and I'm sure it was a smile smile.......well, that;s what I kept telling myself!! Lottie

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2005, 17:09:41 »
Lottie it won't be long before you're tutting at folks who smoke and wafting smoke away in pubs, and asking them to put the fans on  ;D

I don't miss the fags at all - drink like a fish instead  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2005, 18:55:56 »
Oo I hope not Wardy!! I don't think I really miss the fags,99% of the time, it's just that darned 1%.....!!! Mind you, woebetide anyone that should come between me and my gum!!!  :o :o :o Lottie
cheers, by the way  ;)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2005, 19:20:01 »
Again well done! And for the 1% - go & put the washing machine on - or prune some roses - or pickle some onions??

undercarriage plan

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2005, 20:50:00 »
LOL!! Thanks again, Tim. But ,I can't help it, I've got to ask, why do you hate my gum so much......? ??? ;) Please...put me out of my misery!!! Lottie  ;D

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2005, 21:00:59 »
You'll be like a demented gnat buzzing about 100% of the time.  Had to laugh at Tim's "go and pickle some onions"

We can compile an A4A  list of all the little jobs you could do to keep your hands busy  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

undercarriage plan

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2005, 22:38:44 »
Do you think that would be wise, Wardy.......... ;D ;D ;D  ;)

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2005, 08:52:37 »
have you heard the latest L?~
A lager made with nicotine is being marketed by a German brewery as the world's first anti-smoking drink.
~now that's got to be better than chewing gum ;D ;D[/color]
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

undercarriage plan

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2005, 09:07:41 »
And the link,GW!!!!! Quick!!! Sounds wonderful, but will end up chewing gum whilst slurping lager, bouncing off the ceiling...........Excellent!! ;D ;D ;D ::)  Lottie

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2005, 09:17:55 »
Good for all of you who have given up.

In my other life I'm a cancer researcher working on new drug trials and I get to see a fair few people who didn't manage it... There are so many cancer links to smoking (stomach, bladder, oesophagus) as well as lung and heart disease, and even if you do have that niggle occasionally, think that you're still alive and you'll get over it. 
The sad thing for me is the people attached to drips etc standing outside the cancer wards puffing. They usually say it's too late for them, but don't realise that the extra oxygen they'd have if they didn't smoke would make their treatment work better, whether it's radiotherapy or chemo.  (less O2 means narrower blood vessels means less drug delivery to cancer, and with the RT it's the oxygen effect - the molecules 'set' the DNA damage caused by the radiation in the tumour...)

For those of you who wish you could give up - good luck - you can! Please help put me out of a job! (Then I can go down the lottie every day :)

I've never smoked, parents did and I loathed the smell so it never occurred to me to start.  But I have given up caffeine and that was hard enough and I know giving up the weed is a lot harder so you have my best wishes there too.

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2005, 13:04:17 »
Moonbells reading what you have just wrote , really makes you stop and think ,makes me think why do i smoke , i really must try to give up makes me worry loads about what i am doing to my health ,

lottie its your fault you started the subject  :o :o :o

undercarriage plan

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2005, 14:34:37 »

Must be a hard job to do Moonbells, and I do want to be around to see what my kids do with their lives, future grandkids etc, how'm I doing, Dibs???  ;D Lottie

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2005, 14:43:25 »
feeling so much better lottie thanks hun  >:( >:( :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2005, 15:09:59 »
Glad I could help, hun!!!  ;D ;D ;D, Ooo then there's the brown bit on your finger from the nicotine......the dogs knocking over the ash tray........ :-* I'm a running!!!

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2005, 15:24:29 »
good job you had a head start cause i am after you  ;D ;D ;D

robkb

• Hectare
  • SE London
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2005, 15:37:14 »
Many congratulations Lottie!  ;D

I'm trying at the moment, currently 6 days and not missing it yet (although I do have a rotten cold and chest that sounds like a Harley Davidson revving up when I cough, so that helps...). When I've done a year, perhaps I'll be able to call myself an ex-smoker!

Cheers,
Rob ;)
"Only when the last tree has been cut down, and the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realise that we cannot eat money." - Cree Indian proverb.

undercarriage plan

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2005, 16:25:49 »
Whehay Rob!!Well done! I found I felt lots worse before I felt better...... ::) ::) ::) In fact, think it took a couple of months to really feel the benefits, so don't be disheartened, and good luck....and...thank you.... ;D Better keep going, that Dibs is quite nippy..... :o
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 17:38:35 by undercarriage plan »

kentishchloe

• Half Acre
  • Happy Tummies:)
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2005, 16:53:41 »
Well done Lottie ;D and keep it up Rob  ;D
I only smoked for about 3 months the summer after I did my A-levels and haven't touched cigs since. My OH has asthma but smoked until a month after I met him 8 years ago when he threw his packet out the window and hasn't had one since. I work in restaurant and hate having to serve tables in smoking section and i HATE it when i'm out with my son in his buggy and people blow smoke all over him - can sympathise with you Heldi.
And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
'Kubla Khan' Samuel Taylor Coleridge

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2005, 18:17:59 »
good on you Robkb i only lastest 8 days so i hope you last longer then me , iam sure you will i don't have very good will power,

lottie i am catching you up  ;D ;D ;D ;D

undercarriage plan

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2005, 18:24:33 »
  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal