Author Topic: Any top tips!  (Read 2730 times)

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
Any top tips!
« on: September 30, 2005, 20:21:19 »
We are finally ready to build our greenhouse this weekend. (Tried to start it last weekend and discovered that the base had to be concreted in if it is on soil or drilled in if it is on slabs. Ours is half and half - So -  had to buy concrete, sand etc and a drill! Already £80 lighter and we haven't started yet! Just read about the costs of guttering, water butts etc.. eeekkk!)

Anyway - does anyone have any do's and don'ts from your own experiences of building your greenhouses. It is a 8ft x 6ft Gardman greenhouse.

thanks

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Any top tips!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 14:37:18 »
So, have you done it?  Is it up??  I can't help because my darling built mine, but I made sure all the pains were clean before he started so I wouldn't be clambering al over it once it was up!

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 16:48:52 »
It sure is  ;D

Took us 4 hours on Saturday afternoon with me and the OH to cement in the base etc.. then 8 hours on Sunday with OH's parents!

But it is up! will post a piccy later  :)

undercarriage plan

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 17:45:58 »
Well done DM!! Looking forward to seeing pic. My PT full of weeds now... :( Next job is to weed inside....then grow something!! Lottie

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 21:01:56 »
Here you go, with the crew who built it (I was def. the tea girl, was not much help at all)

I was made to promise not to enter any more competitions by the end of the day  ;D

Rose.mary

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 22:41:29 »
Daisymay - You have got me worried now as I have just ordered a greenhouse from Greenhouses Direct. It is a Europa Manor Consort and when I asked them what sort of base to put down they told me to level the ground, dig 4 holes for the posts and just concrete them in.
I hope I have not got to start with foundations and concrete as I am relying on my good neighbours to put it up for me

Rosemary

daisymay

• Hectare
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 14:38:56 »
Daisymay - You have got me worried now as I have just ordered a greenhouse from Greenhouses Direct. It is a Europa Manor Consort and when I asked them what sort of base to put down they told me to level the ground, dig 4 holes for the posts and just concrete them in.
I hope I have not got to start with foundations and concrete as I am relying on my good neighbours to put it up for me

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary - that is what ours said too. Just getting the ground level is not as easy as it sounds. We were putting it down on slabs that had been laid for a child's wendy house by previous owners of house, turned out they were not level, so had to take them up and start again.

Was not too bad I suppose, just we are not very practical people and there was a crazy number of parts!

Wardy - have moved a lot of stuff in - yes, just got to get some staging now  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal