Author Topic: personal profiles  (Read 59410 times)

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
Re:personal profiles
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2004, 10:49:46 »
 8)

Hmm....im crap at this sort of thing
Thats actually me in the photo...I went thru a spell of taking a gas mask to work (in the city) thats me larking about at a barbque at a pub..(altho i reckon i scared a few people witless !!)

Im 32...and am a geek for an investment bank.
Hate technolgy ironicly...hence the alottment i scare with "srumpyjack" (my old flatmate).

Im 6ft tall and about 12 and a half stone. I got shortish blond hair and blue eyes.

I like reading, playing the guitar crapply, digging, whacking, thrashing, cutting and bashing (not people !)

I live near Kingston In Surrey.

And apparently i fancy Emma Jane ?!?!? (according to my fellow lotmenter)
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2004, 10:51:57 »
Oh...and i SHARE an allotment...not SCARE one..

Sorry !!
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #142 on: March 15, 2004, 11:01:07 »
er - fingle - I'm 6'4" - keep off!! - Tim

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2004, 11:21:05 »
and ?

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #144 on: March 15, 2004, 11:36:15 »
- and where's your picture?? = Tim

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #145 on: March 15, 2004, 11:43:32 »
Its my AVATAR

<------Here !!

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2004, 11:52:28 »
OH!! = Tim

PS - sorry to break up the thread - I'll keep quiet! = Tim
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 12:05:31 by tim »

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2004, 12:04:41 »
No piccy at all Fingle just a red cross in a box!!

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2004, 12:07:26 »

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2004, 12:49:28 »
No piccie for me either Fingle :(  
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2004, 13:26:44 »
No piccy here either.

And you do huh!?!?!?!  ;D :o

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2004, 14:11:17 »
oh i bloody give up  ???

EJ....its my lottie chum winding me up

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2004, 14:12:35 »
I had not really noticed this thread before.

I am 50,a failed academic,then a failed civil servant-but doing quite nicely as a `kept man`

Been known to flirt a bit but deep down inside my secret fetish is growing tomatoes.

Stephan.

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2004, 14:25:44 »
The HPPHOTO site everyone was touting is cack !!

you have to send people a link my mail to give them access...

Is there anywhere you can simply store pictures you actually want the whole world to see ???

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2004, 15:24:18 »
With respect,  may I suggest that we keep this historic site for profiles, and discuss posting images under the 'computer/internet' heading?? See you there? = Tim
« Last Edit: March 15, 2004, 16:44:57 by tim »

Shirley

• Half Acre
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2004, 19:07:47 »
Having read all your profiles, thought I would add mine.  Just coming up to retirement age, so hope to cut work to part time (more time for gardening).  Born and brought up in SE London then after I married moved around a bit finally settling in Central Scotland in the early seventies.  Have one daughter who is 40 (she'll kill me for telling you that).  I run a small company which does printed circuit board design ???  My husband of 41 years is not a gardener, but watches the gardening programs to tell me what I should be doing and what I am doing wrong.  Use to have a private pilots licence until it became too expensive so now enjoy walking up the hills instead of flying over them.  

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2004, 20:34:59 »
 Shame about the PPL - used to have one, but the family wouldn't let me use it on them! After 36 years flying!  =Tim

ava_banana

• Acre
  • EmmaJane's handyman
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2004, 12:51:49 »
Blimey, hadn't realised this was still going.....couldn't remember if I had posted, and had to read through 11 pages.....(yes, I had, but it was back in December)....

Richard.........I quote...
Just to let you all know, I will be adding my background here shortly.  Watch this space.

Wasnt sure whether to do this or not, but having read other profiles I feel I dont want to be left out.

c'mon.......spill the beans....... :)

...oh, and PPL, used to have one of those....just couldn't afford to keep it going.....will have to restart it one day ..........
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 12:55:38 by ava_banana »
....we are all visitors to this earth........enjoy your stay.....:)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2004, 13:09:09 »
Oh great, as if I don't have enough to wrroy about with him on the motorbike every day...now he threatens to start flying planes again. I'm going to need to sit in a dark room and rest....  :-\

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2004, 11:54:57 »
I live less than a mile away from Mimi  ;D who works at a community hospital with two of my husband's cousins. 'Tis a small world!!!!

For Christmas, my hubby, Robin bought me a Shed - well, the wood for one and he is still working on building it. He is currently outside painting the wood with cuprinol before making it into the door for the shed. Hopefully, soon, another of his cousins will help him bolt the shed together. Unfortunately, Mimi and I aren't on the same allotment site. Mine is near the community hospital. There is a small "farm" - well, stables for a couple of horses and a cow which we are allowed to have the manure from. There aren't as many stones in my plot (poor Mimi - I have seen some of her stones - well, building rubble).

Me, I am a full time mum of one - his nickname in mIRC chat is MultiBonzo (or just Bonzo) and he is a vegetable defoliator/helper. He said my cabbages and onions needed transplanting, so pulled them up but then left them on the surface for me to find a couple of days later (too late to rescue). Bonzo is only 2 and a half years old.

Before that I was an Open University student, after not fully concentrating on my studies at a red brick university. I was married before and basically, that was not good for my studies - I got a third class honours. I moved around the country trying to get a work that would use my degree. Schoolmates who didn't go to uni are doing a lot better than me - one ended up being a departmental manager (maybe higher) in WHS, and me, well, not had any work that used my degree - sometimes I think going to university was a complete waste of time.

Not a lot I can say after that....
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal