Author Topic: parrot  (Read 2106 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
parrot
« on: February 01, 2013, 19:59:07 »
I know its not wildlife as such' but but for the last two days there has been a parrot loose around my area. Its African her size...whether it is that breed or not I'm not sure. I called to it today and its very used to human voices as it chattered back. Then flew off. Has anyone got any ideas on how to lure and capture it? Its getting very cold again and naturally I'm concerned that it won't survive. For the moment it seems unscathed by other birds. I have asked the local radio station to air it as well. Any help would be appreciated.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Wizpod.

• Not So New ...
Re: parrot
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 23:21:54 »
We had an African Grey parrot living on our site a couple of years ago for about four months.
I borrowed a traveling size parrot cage and fed him for weeks but he seemed to prefer the elderberry's. I put notices up locally believing he would be Territorial. Eventually we found his owner who came to collect him and he flew straight to her.
Apparently they thingy their heads when they are listening to you.
All i can suggest is putting out food,and to keep talking to it while you try to find the owner.
It might be worth ringing the council, local police station and vets...........

steve76

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 23:29:51 »
I was in Banbury today and see notices for a lost African grey parrot, possible it had flown to your area not that far as the crow flys so they say. It may be worth ringing Banbury fm a local station to let them no.
Surprised if it lives long in the wild as the crows normally attack them.hope someone catches him soon. 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 23:43:57 »
We manged to lure one into a borrowed cage a few years ago by putting it on the lawn, it took several days but finally came down. We did evetually trace it's owner it was 30 odd miles from home and had been missing for several weeks so it would appear thay are pretty tough. It was very tame and gave us it;'s name !!

Good luck XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 14:28:34 »
Thank you all for your replies, I haven't seen it since Friday when I posted on here. There has been no calls from the radio thing I asked Northampton radio to air for me. I will ring around some Banbury vets though, thanks for the heads up Steve :icon_biggrin:
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal