Author Topic: sneek thief  (Read 1500 times)

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
sneek thief
« on: October 20, 2012, 12:23:56 »
i got this email this morning from a plotter on the site

Hi Peter

how's it going? After i saw you i went to the plot and while i was on the plot digging up weeds someone came on my plot and stole my bag. I didn't hear or see them at all - and i was only a few feet away - how awful. My camera was in my bag - so i'm gutted about it.

When i arrived the chain was over the gate but not locked so i presumed someone was already on the site. Also, who else did you see around the plot - anyone?

I only saw Kevin for a chat and then i saw Andy the site rep - but not another soul. And they didn't see anyone either.

Anyway i called the police and they logged it but it's unlikely i'll see any of my stuff again. So, on your travels if you see a black rucksack in the bushes or in a bin, please try and check it for me. My purse went too. My camera is a Leica - nice little camera. I'm gutted.

So - if you go to the plot - really take care of your stuff - there is a thief about who is very sly.

I'm going to go down later to continue to look to see if they dumped my flask and stuff, but i don't hold up much hope.

Take care when you're down there

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
Re: sneek thief
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 20:59:53 »
That really is pretty miserable isn't it. Takes away the relaxed confident sense of security you really ought to feel when you're on your plot.

I leave my camera, glasses, phone and sometimes cash in my open shed when I'm on my plot - we have a very high perimeter fence and a gate that is not left open unattended at any time. Theft from one of our plots would mean it's one of us... even worse!  :angry6:

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 10:18:23 »

That's so mean, I always put my bag etc under the front seat of my car, and lock all doors and close all windows. also I am lucky I can park at the end of my plot .so sorry to hear about your bag.
  June.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 11:55:16 »
The worst part of it is thinking that it could be another plotholder on your site.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 11:58:04 »
as sorry as I am to read this I am welcome of the heads up...I always leave my belongings lying around,have indeed got too lazy about it. Will take better care now,thanks
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 12:47:45 »
i don't think it was anyone from the site  i hope I'm not wrong on this-if it was we are all under suspicion and thats not good

jim

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal