Author Topic: Indian PC-1 chillis (Naga Jolokia)  (Read 4383 times)

Sally A

• Half Acre
Indian PC-1 chillis (Naga Jolokia)
« on: September 12, 2011, 22:34:30 »
Hi chaps and chapesses, have grown these for the first time this year, I was given a free chilli pod by Matt Simpson of Simpsons Seeds last year, and they have done really well, and the taste is great as well as the heat.  I feel a bit naughty as I'm passing on freebies that Simpsons Seeds would normally sell, so am giving them a quick plug if you would like other varieties, and they have loads  ;)

Anyhow, have just bagged up 9 packs of approx 8 - 10 seeds, I'd expect at least a 75% hit rate, and as the plant is about 2ft tall and lanky, 3 or 4 fit into a 10 inch tub just right.  The fruits are also long and skinny, with a pleasant heat and a slight tabasco taste.

Simpsons Seeds describe them as "extremely hot", I just found them nicely hot, whereas the Jamaican Hot's they sell as "hot" nearly burnt my bits off. I guess it all depends on the year and growing conditions.

I'm looking for bog standard jalapenos if anyone has any to swap, if not just send an SAE to me and I'll get them off to you a s a p. (A small envelope and 2nd class stamp will suffice, as it won't be bulky).

List of those interested/definites

1) Hector
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8.)
9)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 22:57:11 by Sally A »

Hector

• Hectare
Re: Indian PC-1 chillis (Naga Jolokia)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 22:52:29 »
Sally, I would love some chilli seed. In the morning I'll check what other chilli seeds I have and see if any are of use to you :)
Jackie
Jackie

Sally A

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 22:55:05 »
OK Hector, let me know, I'll put one pack aside for you.

Like a complete plonker I just scratched my eye after packing up the seeds - doh! when will I learn?  ::)

Sally A

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 15:06:12 »

List of those interested/definites

1) Hector
2) Stopp (swap done for jalapenos - thank you).
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8.)
9)

Can't I edit the post more than once?, was hoping to get the first 9 takers listed.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 20:10:48 »
OK Hector, let me know, I'll put one pack aside for you.

Like a complete plonker I just scratched my eye after packing up the seeds - doh! when will I learn?  ::)

I did that once when I was a student. Agony! It went on for ages, and I ended up rubbing it into the other eye as well. Funny thing is, we eat chili all the time now, and if I get the juice in my eyes it's just a bit of discomfort.

brown thumb

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 16:01:09 »
I have a spare pk of:hot stuff chillies  says on pk a colourful mix of hot peppers popular  Mexican and Asian dishes.  If you would like them just pm your address

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 16:25:06 »
pm ing you after tea...found my chili list :)
Jackie

Sally A

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 16:51:17 »
Bonus seeds: Might be able to chuck in a couple of seeds from Jamaican Hot (only 13 seeds in one chilli, one ripening but need to save some for me next year).  And a few (6ish) seeds from last years saved Pretty in Purple (see other thread on swapping).  Later swappers may end up with Pequin (which was my bonus seed in 2010 along with the PIP) (currently gone through green into black, and hopefully red soon).

Anyhow, Indian PC-1 is the main swap item, but I'm happy to have a ferret in my drawers (ooh err missus) to share excess varieties - can't guarantee the germination rate as they will be 2009 or 2010 savings.

I love brackets - can't you tell? :)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 16:55:31 »
I wouldn't mind some Sally if they are still on offer.  I'll see if I have anything in the box but if you PM me your address Ill send a SAE..

Cheers
BDN
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 17:24:54 »
Sally pming you my list now :) See what you fancy!
Jackie

Sally A

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 16:34:04 »
Hi...have received seeds from Stopp and NCD, tyvm.  If you can wait for a few days, I have a pequin, and a jamaican hot just turning into a seedy red pod.

xxxx

Sally A

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 19:03:53 »
Have received a thank you PM from Stopp.
Hector and NCD - yours should have arrived last week.
Barriedale Nick - I'm drying some out, so should be on their way soon.
Jay B - found an inbox message, but no address - did you want some? if so can you please PM me your address again - ta.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 19:57:12 »
No thanks. I believe the message you have from me on 20th Sept is a reply  I sent to your pm re; Seed Swap  :)
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Sally A

• Half Acre
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 20:17:32 »
No thanks. I believe the message you have from me on 20th Sept is a reply  I sent to your pm re; Seed Swap  :)

Cheers JayB, I get a bit confuddled with my inbox, outbox, shakeitallaboutbox. I cope much better with a pen and paper  :)

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 21:44:03 »
Have received a thank you PM from Stopp.
Hector and NCD - yours should have arrived last week.
Barriedale Nick - I'm drying some out, so should be on their way soon.
Jay B - found an inbox message, but no address - did you want some? if so can you please PM me your address again - ta.

I'm working away but will be home tomorrow :)
Jackie

Hector

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 19:09:45 »
Thank you, hope you enjoy growing yours when they arrive. I haven't grown those varieties before so we can compare notes...especially regards the chocolate one.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 19:46:36 by Hector »
Jackie

alexE

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 18:20:27 »
have you still got any left?
I can post a dried Cayenne pod and/or some birds eye chilli's (though  these are from peppers brought from Sainsbury's and i didn't have a great deal of luck with them, can post you loads of them though)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal