Author Topic: Carne De Toro  (Read 1658 times)

willsy

• Half Acre
Carne De Toro
« on: October 04, 2011, 19:57:43 »
Hi everyone I grew these peppers this year ,long red in colour well when weather turns them. what I wanted to ask was!! as anyone else grown this variety? and have they been a success?  For some strange reason only one plant turned out as it should have, and the other two plants started off looking the same but only produced small peppers and when I tried one it was mildly hot. do you think I may have got them mixed up? but I swear I kept them separate from my chilli's. Maybe got rogue seeds in packet?   

pumkinlover

Re: Carne De Toro
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 20:13:09 »
I think you must have got rogue seeds to have that much variation.

willsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 20:30:38 »
You know I don't think I did/or have , why? because my Italian friends are just the same but he asn't tried a taste of his yet. Maybe it could be the weather! it has been so strange this year. I have just remembered this. Ann

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 20:44:17 »
Were they saved or bought in?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 07:27:24 »
I grow them... but haven't had any "warm" ones...  :-\

willsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 23:01:58 »
Hi pumpkinlover. I bought the seeds.Going to save some of the seeds for next year see what they produce.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:28:26 »
They eat them here in France a lot, Corne de Boeuf they call them. Just like a sweet pepper, except long and thin, tatsy but a little less fleshy than the squarer varieties. You get them in lots of different colours, I believe they are quite a prolific plant...
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal