Author Topic: Greenery for pots?  (Read 1515 times)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Greenery for pots?
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:49:26 »
I am growing quite a few flowers for pots from seeds this year, but can anyone recommend any greenery plants which I can grow from seed to add to the pots. especially anything it's not too late to start now.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Greenery for pots?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 20:01:27 »
Bumping this up in case anyone missed it! ;)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 15:59:04 »
My first thought is herbs. I grow loads of herbs in pots on the patio and they look (as well as smell and taste, of course!) fabulous. I have various types of mint (although watch out these will take over), various sages, fennel (which is wonderful as it grows tall fast, but is light and airer so never gets in the way), rosemary. I think hostas, well watered and not in too much sun, would work well too. I really don't like their flowers, so for the few weeks I had some (before the slugs ate them) I pinched the flowers off.

For something bigger you could try New Zealand flax. Again this has lots of different shades of green to choose from.
gone to pot :D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 17:21:04 »
Thanks, I was beginning to think I wouldn't get an answer. I was thinking more of things to fill out the pots with the flowers and maybe trail over the edges, but herbs are a good idea- decorative and edible!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal