Author Topic: Pear Tartlets with ginger  (Read 1629 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Pear Tartlets with ginger
« on: January 01, 2011, 18:20:32 »
I made these this afternoon - just as delicious as the first time I made them with pears from my garden lasy year! Today I used Conference. Using ready made puff pastry they are so easy to make.

[attachment=1]

Tricia

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Re: Pear Tartlets with ginger
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 19:07:59 »
They good so good, pass them around.  ;D ;D  Yum, yum, got any Devon cream.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 19:15:33 »
Got the recipe? Forget the devon cream my waistline has gone the other way.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 23:24:47 »
Ingredients:
1 packet Jus-rol Puff pastry sheet,    2 tbsp butter (plus extra for brushing)
8 tsp light brown sugar,   2 tbsp Whitworth's glace ginger,    4 pears, peeled, halved and cored, cream to serve.

Unroll pastry sheet onto floured board. Cut out 8 rounds 4" diameter. Place rounds on large cookie sheet and chill for 30 mins.

Cream butter and brown sugar together in small bowl then stir in chopped ginger.

Prick pastry rounds all over with fork and divide the ginger mixture onto the centre of the eight rounds.

Slice the pears 3/4" from thin end several times and fan out slightly. Place fanned out pear halves on top of the ginger mounds. With the back of a knife flute the edges of the pastry rounds and generously brush each pear with melted butter.

Bake in preheated oven at 220C (200C fan) for about 20 minutes, till pastry is well risen and golden in colour.

Serve warm with cream - your choice as to whipped or clotted  :). I like them with vanilla ice cream, too.

Enjoy!

Tricia

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal