Author Topic: email problem  (Read 1899 times)

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
email problem
« on: June 24, 2010, 12:15:30 »
I needed a proper ISP email account to register with a forum - wouldn't accept tiscali.co.uk, so I hacked me old Dad's virgin.net one and used that. Set up a rule to forward dodgy_forum.com mail to my tiscali account and delete the originals from the virgin.net server. Seemed to work OK except I.m now getting me Dad's mail too  :D (am I missing something) (it's almost entirely Junk)

"leave a copy on the server" for the virgin account would half fix it (I suppose), but can I stop it from happening at all (am I missing something)

i'm a bit thick today

nilly71

• Hectare
  • Romford,Essex
Re: email problem
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 16:43:30 »
I didn't think you could just forward certain email's, i thought it it was all or nothing.
Is there a way of setting a junk mail folder on virgin to forward to tiscali, this way you might be able to set only emails from dodgy forum as junkmail on virgin then forward these to tiscali.

You could try another free email such as 02 to see if your dodgy forum excepts that or contact the dodgy forum admin and ask them what service providers are allowed.

Neil

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 17:49:23 »
you may be right. On the Virgin settings I thought you had to enable forwarding, then create a rule. Turns out the enable forwarding option forwards everything, and the rule I thought i'd created wasn't there anymore

so I disabled forwarding, then created a forwarding rule  ??? Well, I didn't get an error message saying I couldn't. I'll probably never know if it works. Never get another mail from them, unless I get banned from posting. "DR WHO IS CR@P" would do it probably  ;D

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 19:30:42 »
I needed a proper ISP email account to register with a forum - wouldn't accept tiscali.co.uk

I can't understand this, xxx@tiscali.co.uk is an ISP email account. Although I have two tiscali mailboxes, I mainly use my own domain mailbox (the tiscali boxes date from years ago, before I had my present domain). I only keep the tiscali mailboxes so that they can communicate with me.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

Bugloss2009

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 19:41:05 »
I needed a proper ISP email account to register with a forum - wouldn't accept tiscali.co.uk
I can't understand this

me neither. Also an fsnet account didn't work. They allow non-ISP mail to register but they charge a fee to give a paper trail to a real persons details. Guess they restrict allowable ISP's to generate more money

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal